Not an inlay

Just tooled to look like one.Recently finished for a friend.He bought the knife in South Florida and the maker has only initials on it so I don't know the maker's name, but its a great knife. That is a good point to remember when doing logo's , use your name, not funny symbols, and not initials.Anyways off the soapbox, this sheath is tooled in a faux snakeskin pattern. The collar is attached on the back with Chicago screws, per the customer . The retention strap also snaps on the back, also per the customer.I little differrent than my usual fare but I hope you like it.Dave:)

FauxPhil1.jpg

FauxPhil4.jpg

Dave, my son, when the student outdoes the teacher, it sure makes the teacher proud!!! It would please me no end to see my logo proudly attached all over that sheath. The knife is a piece of artistic achievement also, and rarely does one see a sub-hilt unless it is on a fighter. If you ever identify the maker, give him my compliments!!! Yore ole pappy

That is a great idea well executed! Really compliments the knife :thumbup:
The faux inlay is outstanding.

Thank you Pops,I know I couldn't have done it without your help over the years and your friendship has been a blessing.
Eric, inlays take longer, quite a bit. I prefer inlays but I am kind of a glutton for punishment.Glad you like it and if you want to change let me know,no problemo, it will be a little cheaper.Thanks again Dave:)

I think your work is outstanding.
I will keep the first order as is but I may have some ideas for future orders.

Thanks Dave,

Eric

leatherman

leathermoderator
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Very nice! Classy work as usual. :D I'd love to see the back of that one.

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. :)

leatherman

leathermoderator
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
ah! Thank you my friend! :) Looks as good from behind. ;)

Looks good to me Dave. You, Sandy and Carl are going to take the fun out of killin' snakes you keep up this kind of work.:D Y'all just keep on raising the bar don't you? Won't give a feller the chance to catch up. I'm not sure about how the snap in the back would work on a high rise sheath. It might be interesting to try. It makes a good looking sheath anyway, and you did an excellent job with the challenges from the customer. It is a shame that the maker isn't known because the knife is good looking too.