Not happy with Buck Customer Service

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by KooKooforKukripuffs, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    I have a Buck Rush 290, bought new years ago, springs broke with minimal use and I just put it up for a long time. Last year, sent it in to get repaired, they repaired it and sharpened it up, great, no problem.

Well I was taking it apart recently to remove the annoying safety, and during re-assembly I think I may have bent a little retaining nub on the spring that is made to fit into a small cutout in the liner. Ok, my fault, I get it.

Called customer service hoping they would send out a couple springs, to my surprise, NOPE. I have to mail it back in to have one spring installed? REALLY? I can't pay to have a stupid spring mailed to me? No aftermarket options either.

I'm going to try to fix the spring I have and if not, I'm just going to get rid of this turd of a knife.

2. jmgruber

jmgruber Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 27, 2018
  3. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    and? I can't buy parts for my knife? Are they going to remove my safety if I request it?

4. jmgruber

jmgruber Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 27, 2018
    I broke a blade and would like to replace the part myself, can you send me the part I need or can I get it from a Buck retailer?

For liability reasons, we do not sell or send individual blades, parts, or anything that would require disassembly of the product, through the mail. Our products are designed to be disassembled by our factory-trained personnel only. Attempting to disassemble your Buck product yourself could result in lost components, compromise the knife's functionality, and void the warranty.

guitar1580 and sassafrassdogs like this.
  5. MT_Pokt

MT_Pokt

Jul 21, 2014
    pinnah likes this.
  6. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    from @jmgruber's link

7. STEELHEADBULLY

STEELHEADBULLY Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Ha Ha, another case employee trying to stir the turd on the Buck forum, not going to work.....keep all your production in China.....

sassafrassdogs and bucklife301 like this.
  8. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    And it is completely absurd, which is why I will be selling this turd. I love Buck, but stupid is stupid.

9. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    What? That "policy" is just plain dumb.

Are they going to remove the safety if I request it when I send it in this time? Or will I get "for liability reasons, we cannot alter the safety for your protection"?

10. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    I honestly don't get the point of this. You damaged your knife doing something clumsy, Buck will fix it for free, but you don't want that. You want them to send you parts so you can continue to do clumsy stuff.

I don't know anything about the knife in question, but I imagine that removing a safety would make any manufacturer squeamish. Why not just send the thing back and get it fixed? You can always buy another knife that will come open when it shouldn't. That part seems to be easy these days.

11. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    Because the point of dissembling it was to remove the safety, is Buck going to do that for me? Nothing clumsy about it, it's just a really bad design.

And I want them to SELL me the parts so I can do what I please with my property.

12. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sassafrassdogs likes this.
  13. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    You don't have to get worried about this knife injuring you if it accidentally opens, it opens like a wet noodle even when it is clean with new springs. Get a little pocket lint on it and you are lucky if it opens at all.

14. STEELHEADBULLY

Dec 4, 2014
    Maybe it's a lack of education...we get it, you work for case....but I believe you can do what you want with your property without Buck selling you additional parts.....

15. STEELHEADBULLY

Dec 4, 2014
    Buy 3 more, open them, tape them all together with duct tape and you have an American made chineese star:D

16. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    Wow, is this what they mean about fanboys?

Ya'll are loyal, I'll give you that. I own dozens of Buck knives, love them all, but this one is crap on a stick.

17. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    You disassembled a knife, and it didn't work properly after you got done fixing it. That's clumsy.

I don't care anything about what you've done to your knife. Buck is a big outfit, they certainly don't need the likes of me to defend their business practices. My opinion, take it or leave it, is that you're being ridiculous about a simple problem. A problem, by the way, that you caused.

Enjoy your little snit, it's obvious that that is the only reason for this thread, and I'm sorry I got suckered into another one of these.

sassafrassdogs and gedlicks like this.
  18. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    Or I could just weld it open and used it as a tiny fixed blade, it would be more useful.

19. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    Ok, so their customer service was fine, right on policy and warranty lines, TO THE LETTER. No problem.

I'll just sell it and suggest that everyone avoid the Rush 290 (older version at least), it's pretty much useless.

20. STEELHEADBULLY

Dec 4, 2014
    What made you buy crap on a sticko_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

sassafrassdogs and OLd_gUY like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.