Not just for wood any more.

I had to change brakes on my POS as it had been metal to metal for over a month. And of course the rotor was rusted on.. so I beat and beat...
Took a torch and beat some more.. all I had was a claw hammer...
Then the light went on... My old reliable wood chopper... hmmmm...
So I dug it out and beat more,,, finally it came off... Bigger is better.
ax001.jpg

ax002.jpg

My old Boss from the auto body repair shop always said "just get a bigger hammer".

I did,, is a home made tool I made from a firemans hatchet. Is still a bit heavy for one handed operation in tight spaces, but in the open it works pretty well. I did the tomahawk look cause I love hawks and it let me cut down on weight.

yes , a splendid tool. unusual shape, should be copied by the manufacturer's.

excellent

buzz

Thanks...I was thinking of removing a bit more from behind the beard to lighten it a little more, It still has a lot of metal there. I don't want it as light as a hawk, as it's meant to be a hard chopper. But it's still a tad heavy for long periods of use. It's about 6 1/2 inches long and the beard is almost 3 1/2 inches to give an idea of size.
If anyone wants to copy it,, feel free, just send me a couple...:D

I like the way you put a grip on it using rope. I'm going to look into doing that with my hatchets and axes now.

That is a good lookin tool, I like the woodland camo wrapped handle, and the shape of the head looks nice.

Back