Not planning on running out of Colubris (es, i?) anytime soon are you?

DerekH

Handsome According to my Mother
For whatever reason, I gave the Colubris a passing glimpse at first and then went on my merry way, yet strangely I ended up back here drooling over those pics several times the last few days. Watched the vids a couple dozen times as well. Since you went very much the extra mile in taking care of me and my broken spork, I figure you are probably a pretty decent guy to deal with. ;) (Several people asked me about my badass oversized spork during the last Gathering, with Ethan himself asking me about it a good three or four times. Could be old age, but I think he was interested.)

I have long been an admirer of the style of your work, but I have also been pretty anti chisel grind too, so this thing is all those sexy curves you put into knives and a sweet, sweet v-grind, making it something I most definitely must have. Unfortunately, unless you take payment in hopes and dreams, it is going to take me a bit to come up with some cheddar as I recently blew my knife budget on some other shenanigans and will need some time to come up with the funds. That being said, is there any danger of these running out in the next month or so or being unavailable for awhile? I still have two perfectly functioning kidneys, and honestly they don't cut near as well as sharpened steel, so if I had to I might be able to get some cash together sooner, but ultimately I would like to keep my innards where they are (for the moment at least).

Also, how does one pluralize Colubris?

Hope this finds you well, and hopefully I can snag me one of them sweet sweet knives and start blowing this subforum up with all kinds of crazy pics.

It has always been my intention to build that which beguiles. :D Sometimes I'm more successful at that than others.

Hey, I stand behind my work, and it makes me happy to make people happy, so I was just doing for you what I'd do for anyone. Hope you've been enjoying your replacement.

Chisel grinds are one of those things - guys seem to either love them or hate them. I love them, so that's what I build. If you always do what you love, you'll always do your best work. That said, guys have been on me since the beginning to do stuff V-ground and stuff in stainless. I wanted to give the people what they wanted, but I also needed to stay true to what I was doing. Thus, it was necessary to establish a clear delineation between the two lines. So customs are high carbon non-stainless and chisel grinds as they have always been, and mid-techs are stainless and V-ground. Now I've got something for everybody. :D

I'll do my best to hold one back for you, but I do have a show coming up at the end of the month, and nearly 2/3 of this batch is sold already. Also, these are a limited production item. Once they're all gone, I'll be moving on to a different design for the next mid-tech.

I feel you about keeping one's insides on the inside. LOL!

Plural for Colubris is Colubris.

Thanks for the kind words and the support, buddy. That really means a lot to me, and I'm glad you think so highly of these knives.

Stay safe!

For whatever reason, I gave the Colubris a passing glimpse at first and then went on my merry way, yet strangely I ended up back here drooling over those pics several times the last few days. Watched the vids a couple dozen times as well. Since you went very much the extra mile in taking care of me and my broken spork, I figure you are probably a pretty decent guy to deal with. ;) (Several people asked me about my badass oversized spork during the last Gathering, with Ethan himself asking me about it a good three or four times. Could be old age, but I think he was interested.)

I have long been an admirer of the style of your work, but I have also been pretty anti chisel grind too, so this thing is all those sexy curves you put into knives and a sweet, sweet v-grind, making it something I most definitely must have. Unfortunately, unless you take payment in hopes and dreams, it is going to take me a bit to come up with some cheddar as I recently blew my knife budget on some other shenanigans and will need some time to come up with the funds. That being said, is there any danger of these running out in the next month or so or being unavailable for awhile? I still have two perfectly functioning kidneys, and honestly they don't cut near as well as sharpened steel, so if I had to I might be able to get some cash together sooner, but ultimately I would like to keep my innards where they are (for the moment at least).

Also, how does one pluralize Colubris?

Hope this finds you well, and hopefully I can snag me one of them sweet sweet knives and start blowing this subforum up with all kinds of crazy pics.

Alright, well, looks like the clock is ticking. Still not sure if I will be able to swing one, but I am darn sure going to try. Knife is too darn sexy to miss out on.

Glad you think so highly of them, buddy.

Out of what I started with, less than a quarter remain.

Back