Not to worry...

It is always a treat to run out to Don Hanson's shop. You never know what you might find. And, as most of you know, there could be some serious folder work taking place, or some fixed blade magic going on.
Back in mid-August, Coop posted a thread of Don's large, wicked walrus auto fighter on here. Several comments were made about what a great folder it was, but there was also some concern expressed about Don moving back toward mainly folders, and not so much fixed blades.
Not to worry.....I think from my visit Saturday, it looks to me like several more fixed blades will be coming out of Sunfish Forge!

Aslewofblades.jpg

- Joe

Yep, I've had the big blade forging bug lately but a couple of these are older forgings. Blade lengths are from 10-1/2'' to 14'' :D

My folder guys need not worry, folder to fixed blade ratio is 60/40.

I enjoyed the visit Joe.

Thanks!

I don't see enough of your FOLDERS 'round these parts! :thumbup:

DH3 is doing quite well, we see. :D

Coop

4th from the bottom... looks sooooo much like the Camillus OVB's by Fisk... Is that any relationship to the OVB?

And is it for sale???? :D

Dang, they're all beauts, but that one REALLY floats my boat!!!

Excellent work on that table!

You mean thrid from the bottom isn't already yours? It's got your name on it and everything! :D Sure wish one of those were marked "Roger".

Roger

Is the 3000 indication of the # of layers in these blades, if so is it straight or with pattern?

Jody, the 3000 is the layer count, just random 80%-W2 and 20%-wrought iron, should produce a cool hamon.

joeshredd, the forth from the bottom belongs to Joe (caninforge) no connection with the OVB, all of these shapes just come out of my head, I think :)

Roger, I'll put your name on one or two if it'll make you feel better :D

Coop, Seems like more interest in fixed blade here but I'll have to show some folders soon.

Thanks all !!!

"Donnie, sweetie? Have you seen where I misplaced our 'Wedding Set' towels? They aren't in the linen closet or the hamper..."

"Ummmm, no Tina, my snookums! I am certain they are around the house somewhere. Maybe look over the washing machine?"

(Scrambling to fold and roll the towels back up....) :p ;) :thumbup:

Coop

Looking forward to those bending knives.....

You mean thrid from the bottom isn't already yours? It's got your name on it and everything! :D Sure wish one of those were marked "Roger".

Roger

Roger, apparently there are a few Joe's on here, and unfortunately, I'm not the one Don's referencing! :(

Don, the one that's Joe's already, is a real beut and is really what I'm looking for... I just may have to break down and get in serious contact with you on one very much like it!!! :D :thumbup:

Don't thing I have ever seen any nicer table setting.:D
Boy, the hamon on # 4 is outstanding.

I see that Don is whipping up the ole majic again. You know they will be un-real!!! Mike

Now that is a teaser shot if I ever saw one.

It was also a teaser trip out to Don's shop! I have had my name on the 1086M blade for several months. It is on Don's order list and plan on it going with a nice piece of ivory from Blade this year. I was amazed when I saw his big forged blade line-up Saturday! It was hard to leave without claiming another one or two. There are only so many hours in the day and dollars in the pocket.

Don can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the three blades with W2 and wrought iron (3,000-layer blades) were just forged. There are three 1086M blades, the bottom two are lower-layer W2 damascus with 15N20, a W1, a W2 and the 1060 integral. The walnut bowie is 1086M.

Anxious to see what appears when the 3,000-layer damascus is finished. Hopefully, Don will post those.

- Joe

Back