Not Whining, but would like a definative answer please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just you watch - somebody will complain about not being able to open the knife, even though you've stated it here and you are including a tool to adjust the tension, lol

LMAO - You're not kidding!!! Some dolt will surely complain!!:)

Just you watch - somebody will complain about not being able to open the knife, even though you've stated it here and you are including a tool to adjust the tension, lol

Well, it is a little silly to tighten ALL of them to the point where they wont open, when the probable majority of buyers don't live in areas with shitty knife laws regarding such things.

Where I am from, I wouldnt care if it was an automatic.

Either way, I'll just adjust the pivot the second that I get it.

This part confused me :p.

On a more serious note, is there anyone getting their knife shipped to NYC?
I am about to move in there, and may have to get my knife shipped there, should I be expecting any issues with that?

you could ship it to me in VT, and I would be happy to hand deliver it to NYC for you.

Good with me too. Continue to help? That's funny as hell. I'm sure RYP will be calling on you in the very near future.

Do you own a Junglas or an ESEE-4 that you'll be offloading soon on the cheap? Just wanted to check.

Do you own a Junglas or an ESEE-4 that you'll be offloading soon on the cheap? Just wanted to check.

I think it's safe to say we won't be getting a Christmas card this year from brother Harp :D

Getting things back on track, I've been carrying a HEST folder prototype for more than a month now and Lion Steel's quality is top-notch. Everyone is going to be very happy with this knife. So it is has had a few delays. No big deal. It will ship and everyone will forget about the delays and be tickled shitless.

Getting things back on track, I've been carrying a HEST folder prototype for more than a month now and Lion Steel's quality is top-notch. Everyone is going to be very happy with this knife. So it is has had a few delays. No big deal. It will ship and everyone will forget about the delays and be tickled shitless.

Jeff, how about posting a few pics of yours so we can all drool a little more until ours get here. Thanks. :)

And up to the dealers who are selling the standard knife. I've never heard of these "no ship" practices, but it's good to know.

The obvious way around it would be have it shipped to a friend out of state and either pick it up or have them re-send it to you.

It is however a releif to know NYC is going to be void of knives, should be a really safe place really soon.

All five of my suppliers are against shipping to NY, but I still take care of my customers there with no issues.

Well said! Yet somehow WORTHLESS without pics. :)

I'll do my best to get some pics posted up tomorrow.

Hi guys. Completely new to Hest and R.A.T., had a question. This folder we are all waiting on.. it is a collaborative work? I am confused about the origins. I originally thought it was a R.A.T., but now am confused.

Hi guys. Completely new to Hest and R.A.T., had a question. This folder we are all waiting on.. it is a collaborative work? I am confused about the origins. I originally thought it was a R.A.T., but now am confused.

The H.E.S.T./F folder is a DPx knife made by Lion Steel in Italy. R.A.T/ESEE isn't involved.

ESEE did collaborate with DPx for the original fixed blade H.E.S.T. made by Rowen and those knives are warrantied by ESEE. ESEE/Rowen will not be involved with the next generation of DPx fixed blade knives, though.

This is my first post on this part of the forum.

I want to say that I am indeed excited about the Hest/F.

Also, I don't really see the big deal with the delay (in all honesty I didn't even know that Esee and Dpx aren't anymore in this together until now). I have other knives on preorder...some are prepaid and some aren't, a few of them already have been apparently delayed (example: Spyderco Paramilitary 2 in CTS-20CP steel, supposed to come out end of January '11, now apparently March-April, maybe even later...), some are 6 months away (Spyderco Navaja). No big deal.
Patience is a virtue and as long as the Hest/F will be as good as it's supposed to be, it's all good.

Just my $0.02...

The H.E.S.T./F folder is a DPx knife made by Lion Steel in Italy. R.A.T/ESEE isn't involved.

ESEE did collaborate with DPx for the original fixed blade H.E.S.T. made by Rowen and those knives are warrantied by ESEE. ESEE/Rowen will not be involved with the next generation of DPx fixed blade knives, though.

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back