1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Not Whining, but would like a definative answer please

Discussion in 'DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools' started by Niagara, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    LMAO - You're not kidding!!! Some dolt will surely complain!!:)

2. Tripton

Tripton

May 26, 2008
    Well, it is a little silly to tighten ALL of them to the point where they wont open, when the probable majority of buyers don't live in areas with shitty knife laws regarding such things.

Where I am from, I wouldnt care if it was an automatic.

Either way, I'll just adjust the pivot the second that I get it.

3. viva la

viva la

Jan 13, 2010
    you could ship it to me in VT, and I would be happy to hand deliver it to NYC for you.

4. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    trust me...I am getting used to complaining :)))

5. sdg

sdg

Jun 14, 2010
    You're dealing with the general public/consumer now. You need to get very used to it!

6. skinz0021

skinz0021

Jul 18, 2007
    no complaints here

7. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    Do you own a Junglas or an ESEE-4 that you'll be offloading soon on the cheap? Just wanted to check.

8. R.A.T.

R.A.T. Randall's Adventure & Training

Feb 4, 2004
    I think it's safe to say we won't be getting a Christmas card this year from brother Harp :D

9. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    Not unless it is accompanied by a ticking package... :eek: .. :D

10. R.A.T.

Feb 4, 2004
    Getting things back on track, I've been carrying a HEST folder prototype for more than a month now and Lion Steel's quality is top-notch. Everyone is going to be very happy with this knife. So it is has had a few delays. No big deal. It will ship and everyone will forget about the delays and be tickled shitless.

11. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Jeff, how about posting a few pics of yours so we can all drool a little more until ours get here. Thanks. :)

12. sdg

sdg

Jun 14, 2010
    That's what I'm hoping for, Jeff! Delays or not, I'm still excited about the knife!

13. 333rm

333rm

Oct 17, 2009
    Damn funny Jeff!

14. TKAZ

TKAZ

Feb 1, 2010
    All five of my suppliers are against shipping to NY, but I still take care of my customers there with no issues.

15. jcmahler

jcmahler

Dec 17, 2009

Well said! Yet somehow WORTHLESS without pics. :)

16. R.A.T.

Feb 4, 2004
    I'll do my best to get some pics posted up tomorrow.

17. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Hi guys. Completely new to Hest and R.A.T., had a question. This folder we are all waiting on.. it is a collaborative work? I am confused about the origins. I originally thought it was a R.A.T., but now am confused.

18. SpookyDriver

SpookyDriver

Dec 10, 2010
    The H.E.S.T./F folder is a DPx knife made by Lion Steel in Italy. R.A.T/ESEE isn't involved.

ESEE did collaborate with DPx for the original fixed blade H.E.S.T. made by Rowen and those knives are warrantied by ESEE. ESEE/Rowen will not be involved with the next generation of DPx fixed blade knives, though.

19. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    This is my first post on this part of the forum.

I want to say that I am indeed excited about the Hest/F.

Also, I don't really see the big deal with the delay (in all honesty I didn't even know that Esee and Dpx aren't anymore in this together until now). I have other knives on preorder...some are prepaid and some aren't, a few of them already have been apparently delayed (example: Spyderco Paramilitary 2 in CTS-20CP steel, supposed to come out end of January '11, now apparently March-April, maybe even later...), some are 6 months away (Spyderco Navaja). No big deal.
    Patience is a virtue and as long as the Hest/F will be as good as it's supposed to be, it's all good.

Just my $0.02...

20. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.