Now Available: 535-1903 and 535BK-1903 KnifeCenter Exclusive Bugouts!

If they were M4, or at least 20cv, with some real DLC...

One of my favorite knives, but we really want to see some material upgrades over the S30v and Grivory, especially for the $$$.

would love to see a micarta variant with s90v or m4 but being these are dealer exclusives these dealers get what they want.

When the entire Bladeforums have been singing praises for the plastic handle s30v bugout and it has been one of the quickest sold in the Exchange, I see no motive for Benchmade to upgrade it.

When the entire Bladeforums have been singing praises for the plastic handle s30v bugout and it has been one of the quickest sold in the Exchange, I see no motive for Benchmade to upgrade it.

Literally every Bugout thread has multiple posts about wanting upgraded bladesteel or handle scales. If that isn't motive, I don't know what is.

^likely will join the custom knife builder soon possibly...but then again the 940s still haven't. Benchmade likely dont want to cannibalize the current batch until the feeding frenzy is over.
m4 or m390 would be nice and I'd jump on that right way
in the meantime, aftermarket scales makers ftw

Literally every Bugout thread has multiple posts about wanting upgraded bladesteel or handle scales. If that isn't motive, I don't know what is.
People are all fine and dandy when it comes to adding bells and whistles until they have to foot the bill. If sales showed that is what sold better then we would have it already. As it is now, I think it is a matter of time until they do a limited run. I kind of doubt they will "upgrade" regular production anytime soon.

People are all fine and dandy when it comes to adding bells and whistles until they have to foot the bill. If sales showed that is what sold better then we would have it already. As it is now, I think it is a matter of time until they do a limited run. I kind of doubt they will "upgrade" regular production anytime soon.

People are shelling out $75 plus for scales. Rockstead is sold out, Flytanium has sold out on some sites, and Rogue sales out as well. I think the market is pretty clear.

People are shelling out $75 plus for scales. Rockstead is sold out, Flytanium has sold out on some sites, and Rogue sales out as well. I think the market is pretty clear.
Niche market. Most people are buying the knife and using it as is. The people willing to shell the money out for upgrades are a small subset of the people buying the knife. I prefer M390 to S30V and G10 or carbon fiber to grivory, but most people aren't interested in paying more.
Now that the knife has proven popular it would make sense to do a limited run.

Niche market. Most people are buying the knife and using it as is. The people willing to shell the money out for upgrades are a small subset of the people buying the knife. I prefer M390 to S30V and G10 or carbon fiber to grivory, but most people aren't interested in paying more.
Now that the knife has proven popular it would make sense to do a limited run.

Several series are doing well with upgraded materials and pricing. Benchmade is riding the cash cow as long as they can.

Back