Now that we are back on the air....

Tool-wise, I picked up a SOG S44 PowerPlier (the small one) for almost nothing off eBay. For some reason, I don't own many SOGs, just a PowerLock (too damn big for me) and a SwitchPlier, and had never tried the smaller ones. Same problem as the early Leathermen, namely uncomfortable handle edges, but VERY well built, and smooth as glass. Now I need to track down an S65 and S45...

Knife-wise, I got a Bark River Highland Special in blaze orange micarta (for camping season), a Benchmade/Steigerwalt folding fillet knife (ditto camping), a nice beefy '88 Winchester Sowbelly, a John Russell green-sawcut-bone Barlow that just won't stay out of my pocket, and a few odd fill-ins to the SAK and Schrade collections.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy any knives or multi-tools during the just-over BladeForums "crash".... :( Are you kidding...? I need to come here and check to see if anyone has seen any specials, clearance sales, or sale prices on anything! ;)

--------

The last multi-tool I've bought was a new style Leatherman Wave, a couple of weeks ago. I've had old style Waves for a few years and I'd been wanting to try the new Wave to see how it stacks up. So far, I haven't done any strenuous testing with it, and my EDC is still an old style Wave.

I had gone for a few weeks without purchasing any bladed tools, I was starting to get that peculiar "I want a new tool..." feeling, and, when I saw a new style Leatherman Wave combined with a Husky 8-in-1 Precision Screwdriver, for the same price as the boxed Waves (at Home Depot), well, I couldn't refuse.

It was almost as good as finding a sale price. A nice new Leatherman Wave along with a small, easily packable 8-in-1 screwdriver, and it helped me to deal with having the two bit holders on the new Wave, instead of all of the separate (clumping) screwdrivers, like on the old Wave. I'm liking the Wave's nylon sheath, that can allow either opened or closed carry of the tool, though it'll take some getting used-to, carrying an opened multi-tool.

Now that BladeForums is back up, I'll feel more informed about my buying decisions. Having BladeForums out of commission kind-of kept me away from making bladed tool purchases. Strange, but true!

GeoThorn

No new multi-tools for me per se, but I did get the Bit-kit accessories for my LM-Surge. Now to figure out how i'm gonna EDC the whole package, kinda bulky.

I picked up three unusual ones for my collection. First was a Caspian Pocketsmith, a tool made specifically for armory work on Colt-style 1911 .45 auto pistols. (Note the special plier jaws.)

CaspianPocketsmith.jpg

Second was a Farley's Guitar tool. It's kinda cheaply made, but has carbide inserted wire cutters for trimming guitar strings, along with an array of other guitar related implements.

400x.jpg

Last is one I've been searching for for a long time; a black TiNi coated SOG Crosscut. Its a small tool, SOG's answer to a Leatherman Micra, and pretty scarce in a black finish.

400xSOG.jpg

~Bob

I picked up LM core about a 2 weeks ago cause I made a real dumb mistake with my charge which I wont go into , lol . But I do like the core its very heavy duty , and the hollow ground bits are very nice on it .

Back