Photos NUKED FMV8 Pics!

YFKmCh3.jpg
Anyone know what the little light green band material is?

Bussenite. It adds 50 HP to your ride and gives you even more Supergirl powers.

I guess It wouldn’t be a bad thing if Busse wrote down on a little piece of paper what the scales were made of for the new owner. Lots of wild looking handles coming outta the crab shack.

Love it Liza! The one that will make me cry is if there's a cool brain coral handle- that will make me physically feel pain - I can handles an accent piece just fine though- - That's damn sharp though.

Coral most likely based on what I have seen in the past and identified as such....

WAY COOL!!! Awesome you got the sheath lotto too! awesome sauce!

C
That is what it looks like to me as well. I have had some small pieces of petrified coral that had that same pattern.
That one is sweet!

Hey, I think I figured out what's been taking the "Crabs" so long- Look at Liza's - it has "stripper glitter" in it- They come in at 1:30 in the afternoon in the same clothes as yesterday and the glitter fell into the casting! Those guys are SOOOO busted!

Well...I am really truly at a loss for words, and I don't even know what to do with these blades. I am sure everyone who has gotten a nuke V8 feels the same way...there is no real way to convey the beauty and seamless craftsmanship in pictures. I just keep picking mine up and admiring. I always thought that the right Busse might be display worthy in a semi-public setting, like in a shadow box with some badass felt or something. I never had a knife I thought would fit that bill...now, I do...not that I am going to do that (anytime soon, probably)...I am just really, truly amazed at the level of effort put into these. These knives are seamless...

These feel so incredible in hand and have the lifetime warranty behind them like all Busses!!!

I got a less Picasso-esque Picasso V8 than the original where the coin was termed, although the one I got is still quite stunning.

I think the darker blade has g-rexed maroon micarta looking at the grain, it may be G10, although it really looks like Micarta from different angles. Not sure what the inlay is, maybe dyed mammoth???

Oh, and there is a gratuitous pic of Waylon Jennings from 1966 singing mental revenge. He is one of my favorites, and I was sending it to my buddy to take a look at the ole' outlaw 52 years ago....
sKXWkh4l.jpg

cSxe6Qyl.jpg

vFZEeXal.jpg

Y7wJwBil.jpg

2AffHRfl.jpg

2LmnDcrl.jpg

NOuh9bbl.jpg

AbLEHIol.jpg

ysbtpell.jpg

Sm9WOgJl.jpg

uxOWVADl.jpg

6Q631twl.jpg

7cUI6xEl.jpg

Last edited:
Think Jerry May have missed one of the greatest riddle contests ever. He who has the most correct guesses at these handle materials. :)

^^I think COPIUOS's Pinecone one is my favorite I've seen.
I was hoping for something like that, something with a dark colored Grex/bolster look. I think these V8s are perfect for it.

Nice! I see you also got one of the few with mosaic pins (my favorite). :)

I thought those were cool, too...there is something very nice, and dare I say "natural" feeling of holding a wood handled knife, and especially one shaped so finely as this one with such beautiful wood. It just feels good on the hands, ya' know? I had a walnut handled INFIDU (custom shop) i sold to a good Busse guy a little ways back, and it had the same feel (kind of wish I still had it). Busse does really nice work with the shaping and finishing of the wood. Its beautifully finished and still very natural at the same time, the ones I have come across, anyways. Some wood-handled knives are varnished heavily taking away from that feel. They are beautiful too, there is just something about how Busse finishes their wood-handled jobs that is impressive.

^^I think COPIUOS's Pinecone one is my favorite I've seen.
I was hoping for something like that, something with a dark colored Grex/bolster look. I think these V8s are perfect for it.

It is such a fine knife...I am still in awe of both of them, and the dagger factor with the work they did on the blade finish/CBT/fuller etc, etc makes these really quite unique to any other knives I own. Another poster pointed this out (literally no pun intended).

If the blades themselves were not so nice, it would not be a complete package. These are just out of this world "cool" and beautiful and purpose-built (albeit not the most well-rounded of blades from a usage perspective).

I am just happy to be able to handle such beautiful work. I still don't know what to do with them except just smile and shake my head, and say 'dayum! Maybe there is room for one knife I will never "use", although I would have to open a letter or two and slice a lime or 200 for my soda-water and lime just because! After all it is a special occasion when I have a soda-water and lime, I usually just drink water-water (and coffee).

C

I guess It wouldn’t be a bad thing if Busse wrote down on a little piece of paper what the scales were made of for the new owner. Lots of wild looking handles coming outta the crab shack.

If I were a bettin' man, I would bet all the speculation about handle materials is giving at least one someone in the shop and/or shack a kick!

C

@COPIOUS I recognize that blue-linered one. I believe we have a pair of fraternal twins separated at birth. ;)

@COPIOUS I recognize that blue-linered one. I believe we have a pair of fraternal twins separated at birth. ;)

Ahhhh that was yours! Beauty! I think I said Picasso, I meant VanGho (I cannot seem to get recall on the spelling, and spell check ain't helpin'!!!!)

Yours is a beauty indeed - you have some more swirl in your burl, I think whioch is beautiful (or whatever it is...)! I think P2.1 hit it on the head with the moniker!

They are such great feeling in hand!

C

Back