Nuwakot Khukuri

It's been sometimes i managed to defeat the virus within.....until a week ago.

When i see the following:
Gelbu-looking profile with a bevel height > 1/3 of the width on the blade, 3/8" thick spine but only at 17 Oz, engraved by The Prince,i had to break my hiatus-
Nuwa1.jpg

Nuwa3.jpg

The Sarki did an amazing job at keeping the karda and chakmak snug enough-
Nuwa2.jpg

Wonderful carving on the satisaal handle:
Nuwa4.jpg

NuwaGelbusheath6.jpg

The carvings on both sides are different. On the right it looks like cherry trees :
Nuwa5.jpg

whilst on the left side it looks like rice plantations under the sun:
Nuwa5a.jpg

Nuwaspine.jpg

Nuwa6.jpg

Nuwa7.jpg

The rounded spine made the entire piece looks smooth and fluidic.
NuwarRoundedspine.jpg

Made by the Prince:
NuwaPrince.jpg

Surprisingly, it fits into my old Gelbu Pala special sheath and it doesn't look bad at all:
NuwaGelbusheath1.jpg

NuwaGelbusheath.jpg

NuwaGelbusheath4.jpg

NuwaGelbusheath5.jpg

NuwaGelbusheath3.jpg

Handling wise it feels light but i will sharpen it a bit and go out and chop!
Nuwa8.jpg

With such high bevel it should chop as well like a slimmer BC.The sword of Shiva looks real deep.
Nuwahighbevel.jpg

I will be using it and post the results once i get out there.

One side looks like cherry trees, I thought the other was Nepalese flags.
What a beatiful piece of functional art. Rajkumar is my favorite Kami at this point. Congrats.

Jay --- that is a nice one !!!
I just love the carved handle and the checkering on it.
And how come ya'll see it for sale and I didn't ????

The Prince did a fantastic job on that one! I really love that wooden sheath too. That kukri looks very good in it.

That's a good looking khuk! Very nice specs also. It certainly belongs in the wooden sheath. They match perfectly. I'm curous to see how it performs, though I likely couldn't make myself use it. Too beautiful! take care.

I own and have seen other Kukri made by this Kami but the Nuwakot Khukuri by Rajkumar is the best. Jay you have an absolute piece of art that as we will find out is also functional.
Few Khukuris I have seen lately have so much attention to detail and a good useful weight. This is a committed Kami who obviously takes pride in his work. Big thank you to Jay Goliath :thumbup:.
Rajkumar should be given a bonus!!

I keep coming back and looking at this Khukri - stunning. To me the marks on one side look like Nepalese flags with fireworks going off around them in celebration. so cool.

N ever
E nding
P eace
A nd
L ove

Ah Jay,
Sorry you are not happy with the Khukuri. I understand and will be very glad to take it off your hands. I will do my best to take care of it and I believe I could have it ready for return in a few years.
Lee

Ah Jay,
Sorry you are not happy with the Khukuri. I understand and will be very glad to take it off your hands. I will do my best to take care of it and I believe I could have it ready for return in a few years.
Lee

Hi Lee,
I would love to but please bear with me. I will test it and let you know. Just in case.....hehe

Nice choice on that one Jay. The cross-hatch at the end of the handle looks amazingly precise and very comfortable and grippy.

Nobody would ever guess that that sheath wasn't custom made for your new khuk. Congrats.

Stunning piece! I'm impressed that you're willing to test it out. Not sure I'd be as brave!

Awesome pix, thank you for sharing

I should thank you aswell Jay, it was your tread here that made me look for the original sales tread, not more then an hour ago, I was shocked to see that there was actually one Nuwakot Khukuri left, though not with the great size and weight as yours but still looks to be a shining example of Rajkumar's excellent skills.

Thank you!

Back