1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Nuwakot Khukuri

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by JayGoliath, May 25, 2012.

1. JayGoliath

JayGoliath Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2010
    It's been sometimes i managed to defeat the virus within.....until a week ago.

When i see the following:
    Gelbu-looking profile with a bevel height > 1/3 of the width on the blade, 3/8" thick spine but only at 17 Oz, engraved by The Prince,i had to break my hiatus-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Sarki did an amazing job at keeping the karda and chakmak snug enough-
    [​IMG]

Wonderful carving on the satisaal handle:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The carvings on both sides are different. On the right it looks like cherry trees :
    [​IMG]
    whilst on the left side it looks like rice plantations under the sun:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rounded spine made the entire piece looks smooth and fluidic.
    [​IMG]

Made by the Prince:
    [​IMG]

Surprisingly, it fits into my old Gelbu Pala special sheath and it doesn't look bad at all:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Handling wise it feels light but i will sharpen it a bit and go out and chop!
    [​IMG]
    With such high bevel it should chop as well like a slimmer BC.The sword of Shiva looks real deep.
    [​IMG]

I will be using it and post the results once i get out there.

2. Dirtbiker

Dirtbiker Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 2, 2010
    I almost had that one, it's beautiful.

3. bargs

bargs

Jun 26, 2010
    that is one fine blade..that handle is nice.

4. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    One side looks like cherry trees, I thought the other was Nepalese flags.
    What a beatiful piece of functional art. Rajkumar is my favorite Kami at this point. Congrats.

5. JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    Thank you Dirtbiker.:friendly_wink:

You got a point there!

From an angle it does look like a fancy Sirupate.

6. DaBird

DaBird

Jan 3, 2006
    Jay --- that is a nice one !!!
    I just love the carved handle and the checkering on it.
    And how come ya'll see it for sale and I didn't ????

7. Radrunner

Radrunner

Mar 6, 2006
    Absolutely beautiful. Looks even better in the Gelbu sheath!

8. shortwinger

shortwinger

Apr 7, 2010
    The Prince did a fantastic job on that one! I really love that wooden sheath too. That kukri looks very good in it.

9. jdk1

jdk1

Apr 21, 2010
    That's a good looking khuk! Very nice specs also. It certainly belongs in the wooden sheath. They match perfectly. I'm curous to see how it performs, though I likely couldn't make myself use it. Too beautiful! take care.

10. sweetcostarica

sweetcostarica Banned BANNED

Jan 18, 2012
    I own and have seen other Kukri made by this Kami but the Nuwakot Khukuri by Rajkumar is the best. Jay you have an absolute piece of art that as we will find out is also functional.
    Few Khukuris I have seen lately have so much attention to detail and a good useful weight. This is a committed Kami who obviously takes pride in his work. Big thank you to Jay Goliath :thumbup:.
    Rajkumar should be given a bonus!!

11. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    I keep coming back and looking at this Khukri - stunning. To me the marks on one side look like Nepalese flags with fireworks going off around them in celebration. so cool.

N ever
    E nding
    P eace
    A nd
    L ove

12. leebrewer

leebrewer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Ah Jay,
    Sorry you are not happy with the Khukuri. I understand and will be very glad to take it off your hands. I will do my best to take care of it and I believe I could have it ready for return in a few years.
    Lee

13. JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    Hi Lee,
    I would love to but please bear with me. I will test it and let you know. Just in case.....hehe

14. bric

bric

Jun 10, 2011
    Nice choice on that one Jay. The cross-hatch at the end of the handle looks amazingly precise and very comfortable and grippy.

Nobody would ever guess that that sheath wasn't custom made for your new khuk. Congrats.

15. bemo

bemo

Oct 19, 2006
    Stunning piece! I'm impressed that you're willing to test it out. Not sure I'd be as brave!

16. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Awesome pix, thank you for sharing

17. Nils Georg

Nils Georg

Feb 8, 2012
    I should thank you aswell Jay, it was your tread here that made me look for the original sales tread, not more then an hour ago, I was shocked to see that there was actually one Nuwakot Khukuri left, though not with the great size and weight as yours but still looks to be a shining example of Rajkumar's excellent skills.

Thank you!

18. Nils Georg

Nils Georg

Feb 8, 2012
    and btw that scabbard of yours makes it look like the Khukuri of ages :)