NW Ranger Russian edition

Back in the US... Back in the US... Back in the USSR! :rolleyes:

I'd love to get one with guard and no serrations.A non serrated Tsunami also.

Sorry to say this but, those are being done specifically for one of our Russian distributors and are not available here in the US.

Sweet knife is right! Just wondering if you know the logic behind the "local law" to eliminate the finger guard. Sounds like it might make for an interesting story.
A finger guard would make it a fighting knife by their definitions, and thereby not available to civilians.

Esav is right - any guard or choil bigger (deeper) than 5 mm makes it (almost any straight fixed blade of decent thickness) hunting knife. You cant buy military/fighting knives at all and hunting ones - only with licence. If memory serves, SOG also made small Pentagon (one sided) specifically for Russia and I've seen Kershaw Boot knives with reduced guard.

2Bigocean: well it can be done, technic'ly
that knife was bought for $100-110 at knife expo and I have no idea how much is postal expences will be…
I bet they will be high ))) i should check

That's a cool knife! Gee, if SOG just made a plain edge version of the current NA market NW Ranger, I'd pick one up on a heartbeat.

That's a cool knife! Gee, if SOG just made a plain edge version of the current NA market NW Ranger, I'd pick one up on a heartbeat.

Yah! A plain edge version with the finger guard. Shouldn't be to hard they already make all the parts its just a matter of putting it all together.

Consider it thought about and maybe it will happen? I can not guarantee anything but I'm expressing the demand for a straight edge version.

Chris,

Sign me up, I would love to add my name to the petition for that knife. I'd buy one (or two) in a heartbeat.

Cheers,
Bradd.

Consider it thought about and maybe it will happen? I can not guarantee anything but I'm expressing the demand for a straight edge version.

SHOT show 2008, eh, Chris? :confused: :eek: :p

SK-5 Tigershark & Russian Ranger :D

One can only hope...;)

Again, NW Ranger plain edge, and plain edge Tsunami, I'm in for 2 of each!

Bigocean,
I've checked EMS site… package to Australia is 85 to 100 usd
You'd bettter hope for SOG's generosity (thanks, Chris)

Back