NY Forumites luncheon?

I don't know how many of you are NY'ers, but I was entertaining the idea of perhaps getting tri-state forumites together with their favorite items in their collection for an informal lunch thing.

Its been done before, so the idea is the same, not having to wait for a knife show (especially NY'ers, since the NY custom show is in November) to get a look and handle of some items that other members have in their collection...I'd love to see an Emerson Commander before I decide to buy one.

This being NY, we'll have to pick a fairly discreet dining establishment. Somehow I don't think the TGI Friday's wait staff would appreciate a table covered in armaments.

I'm posting this on the other forum also to get feedback...

RM

------------------
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

I travel quite a bit but, schedule permitting, I'm definitely interested.

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

I live in Westchester NY, I would be glad to come and help out anyway I can. It would be a treat to be able to take along some video equipment so I can film some of the (I am sure) amazing pieces in your collections. I don't know however, I have been very busy as of late with my own production projects, and being 17 (I am turning 18 tomorrow actually) makes the notion of traveling too far or even staying overnight somewhat unpleasant in my eyes. New York is a big state... If it is in NYC or around my area I will probably be able to come, if not for anything else then to see someones Sebenza up close;-)

------------------

Robert Joseph Ansbro

If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.
-Stanley Kubrick, 1928-1999

Depending on where it is , count me in.

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

I've gotten some pretty decent responses back so far on both forums. I'll give it till the end of the week, then i'll compile the email list and see about date and location.

Thanks all!

------------------
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Count me in too. I don't really have much of a collection, and depending on how soon things are, I might not have any knives at all (2 BMs in the shop, a third on the way courtesy of Professor). But I'd still be up for seeing knives, talking knives, etc.

chizpuf

Im interested as well, but it would depend on date, time, and location
NYC would be fine with me, i dont have too many knives right now.

Count me in. I live in queenz and work in manhattan so I can be anywhere. I even work at a restaurant. So I can help you find the right spot for the lunchen.

------------------

This is sounding good! I'll probably compile the list and send it out this Sunday...

RM

------------------

Back