We have "show us" threads How about bicycles
First my good bikes Surly steamroller and long haul trucker
P3240004_zpsf0b6aa05.jpg

P4260011_zpse4962d34.jpg

American made Huffy 3 speed made in Celina Oh
P4110004_zpsfdw349ce.jpg

Mongoose (cheap) fat tired bike like object
NCM_0146_zpspkbnww2n.jpg

I have a little Italian folding bike but it is mainly a project/trading fodder locally

Nice bikes. How do you like your long haul trucker? I've always liked steel and Surly seems to do it right. And I guess that must be the mongoose beast? I've heard it is one heck of a bike for $300 or less.

Phone photos! I call my ride the franken-whatever. I've put a fizik seat, paul seatpost and 40t chainring on since I took this fuzzy supposedly hdr photo.

And the vintage USA-made huffy I built up for my lady. I put a new seat on though, I'm not that cheap. :cool:

It is a Brutus basically the same as the beast which is a walmart only thing other than color. The only difference is the the beast has a 36 tooth chain ring, the other versions have 32 tooth chain ring there is an orange and blue version called a dozier sold at other box stores
Roy

My life was consumed by bikes for many years, managed bike shops, was a fairly serious collector, mechanic too. I've since sold most of my collection and have just my favorite riders left.

My track bike, 1986 Miyata Pista. This bike has been stolen from me and returned by a big ugly hippie buddy of mine who scared the hell out of the little Asian kid he saw with it.

2013-04-02102523_zps2b7121e9.jpg

My SS/MTB. This is a spare parts build, some custom made parts, hand built wheels, and it's gets different things changed out from time to time, going from high end vintage to modern. But Marzocchi air/air forks, avid disc front brake, avid Ti hardware rear V brake, surly 1x1 rear hub, XTR front, Truvativ stylo cranks, 2.4" wide WTB tires, frame is a mid 90's steel Marin I had to do some mods on to get everything to fit too.

20140525_114235_zpsnfwme43g.jpg

Couple of projects, vintage Vitus 48cm frame I'm building for the wife (she's 4'11"), it's going to be 2x10 geared with down tube friction shifters, an extra set of Campy wheels I had sitting around, just picked up a Deore 170 crankset for free that will go on it, I have some vintage Nitto bars and aero brake levers too. The frame behind it is a project I'm trying to offload, it's an Orbea BoxDH frame that is pretty awesome. But, I was going to strip another bike to build this and the other bike was stolen. Bastids. The Orbea rep told me he only knows of less than 10 of these frames in the US. It's pretty trick, just not going to do anything with it.

2013-04-04112049_zpsffa03a91.jpg

My geared road bike, Orbea Mitis Carbon. Full Campagnolo group, mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, Orbea Orca fork, Easton carbon bars. I've put a lot of miles on this bike. At one point was riding 500-600 miles a week! It's been a good bike and I've had it 10 years now.

20140322_124433_RichtoneHDR_zps2xhlimas.jpg

I've just realized I don't have any pics of the wifes MTB, a Specialized frame I built with vintage XTR 8 speed components, hand built XTR front wheel, vintage Cane Creek WAM rear wheel, a rebuilt RockShox Judy-SL from the late 90's too. She also has a beach cruiser but nothing really special, just a standard Electra.

-Xander

Last edited:
It's mud season so I threw this Highball carbon together using spare parts from my full squish I used last season. I built up the FS using all new high end bits. I'll throw a few pictures of that up when it hits the trails.

It's not quite mud season yet, still ice on the trails, and I won't ride the dirt when there is damage to be done so I stuck to the dry bits today.

See, still clean mid-ride.
8T3wiyG.jpg

Beautiful bike I would like a hunqapiller some day . Now Surly is my budget . Not complaining I can remember when a new $100 department store bike was hard to pay for. And their are many that can't afford surly's
Roy

I put this road bike together last summer. The frame dates to about 1988, the components are mostly Dura-Ace off of my previous bike and date to the early 1990's. I had bought the rims/spokes/hubs a few years ago and so finally built the wheels last summer. The previous wheels that I built were about 20+ years old and used freewheels. I decided to switch to freehubs and found some 8-speed freehubs to use with my Dura-Ace components.

DSC_1382c_zps1ab917d9.jpg

Beautiful bike I would like a hunqapiller some day . Now Surly is my budget . Not complaining I can remember when a new $100 department store bike was hard to pay for. And their are many that can't afford surly's
Roy
It replaced my Cross Check. I was hit by a plumbing van and the CC's frame was bent. The Rivndell had been built up by the bike shop about 10 years previous but seldom ridden before being sold or traded back to them. The insurance company reimbursed me for the CC, my clothing and a week's salary for my injuries so I bought the Rivendell.

The Rivendell Owners Group on Google Groups and Facebook sometimes has used Rivs for sale.

This Paramount was the grail in my collection for several years. I bought it from the original owner, restored it with all NOS bearings and parts, finding gum wall 27" tubular tires was the hardest to find actually. Sold it several years ago to a collector in Japan. '73 Paramount with Nervex lugs, full Campy Record Pista gruppo, Cinelli color badged stem, Cinelli bars too.

Every so often I miss this bike.

DSCN2084.jpg

-Xander

You guys all have some great bikes. I especially like your Highball, barman. Mine is fun to ride but that shorter wheelbase, aggressive geo and weight! must be nice. I'm right over 28lbs and still need to go tubeless.

A few days ago I had to adjust the rear hub and change out the cassette and thought I'd get a better picture. It's a generic Kinesis Industries frame built up for strength more than weight. I probably should be riding a tapered through axle fork, I want to anyway, but it came with the frame at a price that was too good to pass up. Reba dual, frequency i23 rims, etc. :)

DSC00241.jpg

I was having some chainline issues on the Highball so till I can grab another crankset for it I broke out the Superlight 29.
It's my main do everything ride anyway so it was good to get it out and tune it to perfection.
It's right at 25.4 lbs right now and there's not much more I can do to get it any lighter. Not bad for an XL anyway, I can live with it.

The picture was taken in the Saratoga Performing Arts Center.

fUQ7FKP.jpg

Back