1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd couple

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Gb335xi, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Gb335xi

Gb335xi Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2018
    So yesterday I was going through a couple B.O.B.s I have in my house - I knew I remembered putting a small fixed blade in each of them. I was wondering where those blasted knives went!

I guess I have CRS... anyway I do believe these are both Benchmade Nimravus Cubs, of slightly different variations. I remember when this knife first came out - Benchmade asked its forum members to come up with the name of it as a contest. Whoever's name was chosen, received one of these knives as a prize. It was none other than James Mattis (RIP buddy), who named it the "Nimravus" which is a small extinct "saber tooth" cat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimravus (the smaller version of this knife of course was the Nimravus Cub).

There, a Benchmade history lesson as well. ;)

IMG_0937 (Large).JPG IMG_0938 (Large).JPG IMG_0939 (Large).JPG IMG_0940 (Large).JPG IMG_0941 (Large).JPG IMG_0942 (Large).JPG IMG_0943 (Large).JPG

2. Michael Sankewitsch

Michael Sankewitsch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 4, 2018
    I don't suppose you still have these?

Guess I also ought to ask if they were being offered up for sale?

3. Gb335xi

Gb335xi Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2018
    Sorry, they aren't for sale. I've turned them into my glove box knives to keep in the cars.

4. Michael Sankewitsch

Michael Sankewitsch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Never hurts to ask. Good on you for having a place for them to be of use.