1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odds and Ends...Some Recent Work

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Horsewright, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Just some pics of some recent work, misc stuff

Rodeo knife, Turkish Walnut handle and flower carved Pancake sheath.

[​IMG]

Buckstitched split ear headstall out of horsehide lined with Wickett and Craig oiltan, water buffalo ties. This buckle set had been in the ladies family for several generations.

[​IMG]

A Christmas stocking filled with one of my Damascus Vaquero Ultralites knives with a Horizontal sheath, a Card Wallet a pair of Spur Straps and one of our silk Wild Rags, (scarves).

[​IMG]

Some purses.

[​IMG]

A pair of ladies spur straps and some more wild rags ready to ship.

[​IMG]

So whadya you want to do today? I dunno whadya want to do today? I dunno what do ya.....

[​IMG]

One of our Sandwashed Silk wildrags with contrasting edge tied in a Buckaroo Moustache knot.

[​IMG]

More purses.

[​IMG]

If you're gonna make one card wallet might as well make a couple. Ya know what us cowboys say. If your gonna be a bear...might as well be a grizzly!

[​IMG]

Nichole looking for silk, for the wildrags, carrying one of her purses, at the Garment District in deepest, darkest Los Angeles. She hates going down there and I love it. Its capitalism run rampant. Imagine Tijuana in Arabic and Hebrew and ya pretty much got er.

[​IMG]

Another horsehide headstall with custom buckles our friend got at the NFR.

[​IMG]

Heading over to the Diamond A in AZ to visit our son and his wife. Dave in the backseat Blade Foruming and Nichole cruising on down I40. She's wearing one of the wool vests we make. She gets that melton wool at the Garment District too.

[​IMG]

Tooled this guys brand and sewed it on a ball cap for him. A present from his wife.

[​IMG]

Teaching Josie to tie off. This lets Nichole get down an do whatever needs doing and Josie will keep the rope tight, immobilizing the calf that Stan is castrating with his Horsewright knife. We made all three pairs of leggings in this pic. Getting good at tying off like this is big league stuff for most horses. For a good ranch horse its every day in the park.

[​IMG]

The Three Amigos. Except for the saddles we did all the leather in this pic.

[​IMG]

Where'd my dang horse get too? Salty in his new leggings we built him.

[​IMG]

Raining that day. I hate grinding indoors but sometimes a guys got to.

[​IMG]

Josie's headgear. She's in the two rein now one of the final steps in our style of horse training just prior to going straight up in the bridle. Water buffalo headstall and curb strap by Horsewright. Custom spoon spade, Santa Susana bridle bit and silver hardware by Todd Hansen. Waited three years for the bit and that's not bad to get one of Todd's bits. Braided rawhide bosal by Vince Donelly.

[​IMG]

Lil Dani the Huntress working on a journal cover. She bought a side of pretty nice oiltan and asked us to show her how to make some journal covers. She gave several away as presents and kept one herself.

[​IMG]

Dani's writing desk with her journal, her Horsewright knife and her first buck.

[​IMG]

Well probably time to ride off into the sunset and motor on out of here Questions and comments welcome.

pipedreams308, TPVT, 3fifty7 and 10 others like this.
  2. Macan

Macan

Apr 7, 2014
    Man can never be bored with your posts!Great work, love those hairy purses!

Horsewright likes this.
  3. Salolan

Salolan

Feb 27, 2013
    Awesome stuff as always Dave. It is just simply amazing to me at how clean you keep your work yet work in such large batches. I count 25 knives in that pic but recon it's more like 40+ with the ones off camera.

Chris

4. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks @Macan

Thanks Chris. That batch was 53 knives. Putting finish on the sheaths today. @Salolan

5. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    ...really enjoy looking at your pics of leather and ranch work. Outstanding...

6. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
  7. Zidfeldts

Zidfeldts Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2010
    You do walk the walk!

8. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
  9. bike4fun919

bike4fun919

May 5, 2014
    Great pictures, great story, great gear!! Thanks :)

Horsewright likes this.
  10. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
  11. High Standard

High Standard Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Dave. Top notch work as always !!!!!

12. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
  13. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Always Great to see your work and photos.....

14. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
  15. Shappy

Shappy

Oct 26, 2017
    Beautiful work!

Horsewright likes this.
  16. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
  17. just-a-hunter

just-a-hunter KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 5, 2015
    Whew.... it’s hard work lookin’ at these threads... makes my heart beat fast...

Beautiful as always!

Todd

Horsewright likes this.
  18. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks Todd!