oddschradeblade

hello ..I have a Schrade fixed blade I picked up for a few $ due to some sheath damage..it's handle looks a bit like a Sharpfinger but has a metal bolster/fingerguard and a small almost triangular blade of carbon steel, wondered if it might have been reground at sometime but the sheath fits so snug at blade tip I think now it is original shape..never seen this style in shops or magazines..any help appreciated

I believe you are making reference to a 1560 OT. These were famous for cutting the sheaths (and sometimes a hand as well ) when putting the knife back in it. However they are a great skinner. I believe this style has been out of production for some years. The sheath was unusual since it had no snap and fit the whole knife up to about 1,1/2" from the butt of the knife. I am including a picture of it and a sharpfinger. Schrade also presently makes a (1580 OT guthook skinner) but the sharpfinger and 1560 ( in the picture )are my favorite styles in a small, skinner.
View

------------------

IT632ret
thx for the info, you were right about the sheath, looked like blade pushed though about midway down, used contact cement to close hole and coat inside of sheath, and am carefull.. no reoccurences and have carried it as a camp knife a few times,as i had no other in such a small profile, found it really handy in an all around kind of way.. but now thinking of that real sharp blade poking though.. maybe kydex..a friend has A Grohhman.. theres a good replacement
thx again for your efforts..

Back