Off Centered Milli 52100 CF

just received (from a dealer) a 52100 CF Military (CQI) that the blade is off center (away from the lock bar). It’s about midway between center and touching the scales, let’s call it 50%. Doesn’t hurt anything except collector value. Any suggestions on an easy fix or do I need to send to Spyderco? This dealer does not takes returns.

Thanks

PS I hope no one takes my post as a negative against Spyderco, this is my 6th Military and own many other models, all were perfect. This is my first that needed tweaking, I highly recommended Spyderco!

Last edited:
Militaries can almost always be fixed. Loosen the handle screws just a bit. Then flex the handle in a manner that centers the blade, or over centers by a hair. While holding the new flexed handle, retighten the screws.

This should cure most of it. Sometimes it takes a little time adjusting. Once you get it right, I recommend not opening the knife back up for cleaning unless absolutely necessary.

This had worked for the 10+ militaries I’ve owned.

What P2P said. While you are at it, adjust the Pivot to your liking, too. BTW, a loose Pivot screw will cause decentering exactly as you describe.

Didn’t have time last night, but I will check the pivot screw and/or flex handle. Thanks for the tips!

The long g10 handles on the Military are prone to getting skewed. I have that exact knife and what seems to help mine is loosening the pivot and pushing the blade over towards the liner lock, then tightening down. Basically what P2P said, just fiddle with the screws and flexing and pushing on the parts to get it centered.

As the above posts have mentioned, the issue can be fixed, and the Millie with it's long blade and scales is somewhat prone to the issue. But if I may add, you picked IMHO THE FINEST Millie variant ever conceived, and it's well worth the effort in trying to re-center the blade. I hope it works out, and enjoy that knife!

With y’all’s help I got it close to centered, may try again went one of my sons can lend an extra hand.

One more question, when I look closely at the metal liners from the back of the knife, the side away from the lock is not flush. It just barely sticks out and I can see light reflecting from its edge. Is that normal?

With y’all’s help I got it close to centered, may try again went one of my sons can lend an extra hand.

One more question, when I look closely at the metal liners from the back of the knife, the side away from the lock is not flush. It just barely sticks out and I can see light reflecting from its edge. Is that normal?

Yep that happens sometimes, no worries!

Back