Off with their heads

A man arrested outside Buckingham Palace on Friday night was brandishing a 4ft sword as he repeatedly shouted "Allahu Akbar", police say.
When police confronted the man, he reached for a 4ft (122cm) sword in the passenger footwell of the car.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41055985

More pathetic than scary . If he'd used his Prius it could have been worse .

Yeah, it just goes to show once again that a sword in the hands of an unskilled fool isn't much of a weapon. If the government is intelligent, it would never make swords illegal to own. Because otherwise a fool like that might end up using a much more dangerous weapon to do their mischief.

I'm sure the sword was useless mall ninja garbage.

England has tremendous numbers of police cameras, extremely restrictive gun laws, restrictive laws on knives and swords, and seemingly no right to self-defense if the news articles I have read are to be believed. I guess that makes them feel safer......But I think I would rather be looking at a guy with a 4 foot sword than a speeding car or delivery van. This really sounds like the guy was mentally ill more than anything, or he would have exited the vehicle WITH the sword in hand instead of going back for it. Or he is an idiot, that's always a possibility.

Back