1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Official "Big Deal Bob Roast" thread

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Warrior108, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Thought this might be a fun one so feel free to bring up any fun camaraderie from over the years with our biggest celebrity. @Bmurray

Kicking it off ..

@VANCE might have to deal with Bob's booboos now and then but another way to think of it is that Bob created a "rescue version". Looks like ESEE might have gotten an idea watching the Fiddleback forum. :D

Rescue Version.jpg

Bmurray, VANCE, varga49 and 3 others like this.
  2. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    @Warrior108 I met Bob on the ESEE forums some time before I made my way over to BF. Bob was breaking the tips off his ESEE knives back then. Between him bugging the shit out of Jeff and Mike and ESEE starting to show a loss in profits due to all the knives Bob was sending back, they finally decided it was in the best interest in the company to go ahead and create a new model.

B Griffin, Bmurray, Tutone and 4 others like this.
  3. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    According to unnamed sources The new addition to the FF family "Loner" was made because of Bob's habitual maiming and otherwise disfiguring either by accident or by experimental catastrophe, yet another Perfectly Good Fiddleback Forge blade. Truth be known, The name "Loner" actually refers to "the knife we send Bob while we try to make some sense of his latest accident/experiment". Bobaaay!!

Bmurray, Tutone, VANCE and 2 others like this.
  4. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    New airbag for motorcycles, research brought about by none other :)

Bill

5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Is that all you guys got???

BTW, payback can be a real bitch!

6. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Wheelie Bob handing out Esee's at Blade '20

Wheelie Bob.jpg

7. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I just spit my tea out my nose.

8. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    That's what I thought. Everyone here's scared and have no game.

cbach8tw and varga49 like this.
  9. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    still no game

10. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    I KNOW!! Now I'm thinking that maybe Bob isn't much a celebrity after all ;)

Bmurray likes this.
  11. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    he banned me from here Jerry:eek:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    B Griffin and Bmurray like this.