Official Buck Picture Thread

Another nice 110 arrived...
th_000_2354.jpg
[/URL]

Scoot...
What's the story on this knife (where did you get it?)?
What camera/setting did you use to get that logo posted?

Goose, it's a nice one, from the bay. Tang stamp is 1987, but for a 1990 release. I don't know the settings, selected "close up" and zoomed until the blade etch filled the screen, on a Kodak cx7430.

I've always carried some type of pocketknife. And as far as I can remember, I've been hassled and criticized for it. Despite that, I've always considered a pocketknife a piece of Americana or at least a gentlemanly habit. I use to jokingly point out that Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer carried pocketknives and no one hassled them. Having recently received horrified looks when I produced my Spyderco Persian Black Micarta (large model) to remove the plastic wrapping from a book, I decided that I might want to try carrying a more "socially sensitive" knife on a day-to-day basis.

With that said, I'd like to introduce you all to my new friend Huckleberry Buck. His friends call him Huck.

Buck Trio with wood grain handle.
IMG_1782.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

Dear Scott Hartman;
Do you know that your Wyoming centennial is a prototype? The "production Version" of that knife has a Pronghorn scene to the left of the Wyoming logo. The Buck plant has one other of these knives and I know of another prototype with a horse scene to the left of the logo. I don't know how many of these were made but I would bet less than five. For the price you paid you got a real deal. The project was sold to the Wyoming Centennial Commission by Ed Schneider who formerly represented Buck Knives in the Northwest. FYI.

Thanks Richard! I thought the others I've seen had the Antelope, I prefer the "Cowboy State" logo.** I just looked at the logo through a lope, under the cowboy it says "Equality State":foot: refering to the fact that "Wyoming women were the first in the nation to vote, serve on juries and hold public office".

Tom,
I would love to get my hands on one of those to go with my black micarta 112. I'm guessing that it was made about the same time that Buck first came out with the black micarta 112 in 1972. Am I right?
Mike

Tom,
I would love to get my hands on one of those to go with my black micarta 112. I'm guessing that it was made about the same time that Buck first came out with the black micarta 112 in 1972. Am I right?
Mike

I beleive so, it's a real beauty
someone at the factory must have liked the way the 112 micartas looked and had to have a 110 micarta to go with their 112 micarta

Back