Offset low rider Clip for Strider PT?

Dknight16

Gold Member
New PTs are finally being made! The standard clip location is bad in that the knife rides way too high in the pocket. I know the single screw and tab configuration does not lend itself for a traditional low rider design. But what about an offset mount (where the flat blank would be a mini "L" if you will)? This would allow the clip portion to be located to the left of the mounting holes, higher on the knife's end and be free from obstructing the attachment screw.

There is an obvious demand for Strider low rider clips. Maybe now is the time to reconsider filling that need and perhaps the design I suggested would be manufacturable for you?

Thanks in advance for reading this.

I just saw the new PT too, and am very excited! I will be buying one very shortly, just deciding on which color to buy. I agree, the clip is not in a good location because it make the knife ride too high. I don't know if there is really a fix for it though without making it look odd. I will just take the clip off and carry it in my pocket.

has the design suddenly changed or something? Anyway, I really have no room for another clip and I say that in the nicest way.The routine clips ordered all the time for the top five are really as busy as I want to be. Right now and until after the fourth my shop is closed. It started out as a necessity due to flooding from the storms we had here in oklahoma. My shop flooded out three times in May and quite honestly I got tired of shoveling it out. These last runs of storms through here were unlike anything I've seen before. I seriously questioned if my storm shelter was even big enough to adequately protect us but anyway, what I'm doing right now is taking a break, both from the shop, from emails and computers and just generally even the TV is taboo for me right now as I'm just burnt so you know maybe at another time but right now adding a clip design is the last thing on my mind. I have been turning down must of the one off clip requests just to keep up with pry bars and clips and depending on how the IRS reacts to my filing I'm not even sure how many clips I'll do a year because there is apparently a magic number to stay under for hobby vs biz and I already walk that fine line. I can tell you right now I"m not able to afford small biz taxes so the jury is still out on this also. Thanks tho it does mean a lot to me and its great that they are so in demand but I unfortunately have to admit at my age the demand is just greater than one man can keep up with.

I am looking at several ideas down the road, or at least I was until the wind got knocked out of my sails here in May. We are still waiting on a new utility pole for our services and just had a new water meter installed and lots or limb removal so that is coming yet. Anyway, one idea I like is this new printing technology as I can see a bit into the future here with some clip designs where you know, I build the first one just the way we want it for a model and then its just a matter or copying them with the printer using the metal powder and hopefully we'll have a titanium or aluminum or even some new fangled mix of powder to use to make clips even if its a polymer or something. That would be pretty awesome and I'll tell you if I were a young snap I'd be looking into these printers for metal fabricating and applying it big time to knives in all kinds of ways. Back in the fourth century bc so it seems anyway, when energy was abundant and arthritis and thumb dislocations just something grandfather complained about! Gettin' old sucks guys! I envy you guys in your youth. Anyway, thats all the rambling I got for now so I will check back later and we can discuss once I get some wind back. Right now I'm off duty. ;)

Back