1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Oh dear lawd...

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fletcher Knives, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    My parents and my brother are coming into town for Xmas. They'll all be here this weekend and are staying until the following Sunday. Needless to say, I will be lit for about a week straight. My family is fun. Most of us don't remember many holidays. lol.

What is everyone else doing for the holidays?

Andy, we need to get together after Xmas!

2. falcon72

falcon72

Mar 11, 2008
    What, is it Monday again Dylan!!!:D Hey man, have a great Christmas!

3. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    I will be on the Ambulance christmas day for 24hrs, and my wife will be workin hospital christmas eve, day, and the day after.

I havent got to see my son on christmas since he was born. Ive worked 24 on christmas for 4 years straight. My schedule will finally fall right next year where I will be off with my family for the first time in a long time.

4. rocketbomb

rocketbomb

Apr 25, 2007
    I'll be doing a lot of hunting over break. Pheasant, coyote, small game, and maybe even some black powder deer hunting. Not sure what family has planned for Christmas, I'll just take that as it comes.

5. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    My parents are coming into town, and Leah's dad is coming in too.

Jake, that stinks bro. I can't imagine missing Christmas morning with my kids. I'm sorry to hear of this hardship bro. (And thanks for the card too!!!)

6. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Cool beans bro. After Christmas I'm hitting the Woodsmen hard.

7. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    Word. :thumbup: I'll watch you and make one of my own.:D

8. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Bittersweet holiday plans this year. My wife and I will start off doing the whirlwind trips to hit my side of the family here in town (Dad's on Saturday, Mom's Christmas Eve day, Grandparents that night). Then we'll get up Christmas and hit the road to Louisville where her family lives by 10am eastern.

Generally speaking, we spend two days there and head back home. However, with her dad on his last legs, I'm just closing down shop so that we can spend the 25th-1st with her folks. We're going to miss him when he's gone. We gotta enjoy him while we have the time. I am NOT looking forward to a week on a pullout:rolleyes: However, my father-in-law is a reasonable man who understands the beauty of having his family around...yet being able to tell them to get the hell out of his house. I would imagine that he'll put us up in a nice hotel by mid-week;)

I'm guessing that we'll go through a dozen bottles of wine and a couple bottles of bourbon...maybe a bottle of Scotch. It's a bunch of German/Irish folks getting together for a week...you do the math;)

Happy Holidays to y'all:thumbup::D

9. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Your welcome, and thanks man. We will be doing our christmas on the saturday after thanksgiving, when all of us our home. No bigge, just not the same for some reason......

10. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005

Watcherass traveling in icy weather bro. :thumbup:

11. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008
    Thats sucks Jake:thumbdn:

I'll give ya Christmas call, and have a beer with ya over the phone:D

God that sounds gay:rolleyes:

12. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Not gay man, sounds very cool to me.:thumbup:

Thanks, I would like that.:)

Its the life of working in public service. No sleep, missed meals, and missed holidays etc.

Not cool, but somone has to do it.,

13. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Gay? GAY?! Sounds like a good friend thinking about another one, >sniff< how touching! :thumbup:

14. falcon72

falcon72

Mar 11, 2008
    Sorry to hear that Jake. At least someone is out there watching out for us fools with sharp knives and stuff:D

I will have a Dunkel in your honor!

15. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    Jake, ditto what everyone else said broski. It does suck to be away from your family on holidays, but I hope you know how much we all appreciate you doing it for the people who may need you to be there to help them. My family and I will be having a drink for ya and wishing you an easy Christmas.

16. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008
    Very cool of you, plus the double time pay doesn't hurt;):D

I hope you have a slow day, and don't rush to any calls to save the crackheads.

I know I know they're people to.......

17. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    DOUBLE TIME????

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH!

Dude we get an extra dollar an hour.:jerkit: Last year I told the administrator to keep it, the district needs it more then me.:rolleyes:

Thanks though guys. I will be thinking of all of you, and hope you have a great christmas!:thumbup:

18. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008

Seriously, I think its a state law over here that you get time and a half atleast.

Thats a bummer Jake, I thought you'ld at least get a new knife with some extra cash! Sorry bro!

19. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Well the thing is. I work 48 hrs a week. I get time and a half for my manditory overtime, but our holiday pay sucks.

Leaves a nice loophole for these things.