1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh god it never ends...

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Dark Nemesis, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Dark Nemesis

Dark Nemesis

Mar 20, 1999
    Oh no the INFI bug hit again. I swore that I wasn't going to buy anymore big purchases for myself so i could save for someones Busse birthday present. What did I go and do? pickup a gorgeous satin finished aftershock :D It was terrible, as soon as I scrolled down the post and saw the knife, my jaw dropped, and I got that nasty twich in my index finger (its the one that presses enter at the end of paypal transfers, lol), kinda like a trigger finger. I tried to control the urge, thought if I slept on it, everything would be ok. Nope, I wake up early to go hiking and in a moment of weakness send of an email to buy it :)

I'm much better now...duh since I've satisfied the INFI urge. Someone needs to take my computer and contact lists away so I can't keep buying these beautiful things :) I've got three Busses scheduled to arrive this week, is it too late for me, should I just surrender to the INFI bug and have my paycheck deposited directly to Busse Combat Knives? :)

2. Andrew Lynch

Andrew Lynch

Feb 6, 2000
    Congrats on the Atershock. It looks like it could really chop! BTW, if you plan on really using it, you may want to swap the paper (I think that's what it is) micarta scales most came with with canvas micarta scales...I'm not sure whether Jerry said it would be a free change if you sent the Aftershock in to the shop for the change or whether it was only free if you specified the change on the order...I'd give the shop a call. Anyway, the canvas micarta provides a more sure grip, though some people prefer how the paper micarta looks (not me though :D ...love that canvas stuff).

Great blade either way! If you use it any, I'd really appreciate some info on how it chops compared to other Busse models (BM, Basic #9, etc., or any somewhat comparable Busse you have).

3. bullhamster

bullhamster

Sep 12, 2001
    You got the bug,too, huh, Mr. D.M.??!
    It's great, ain't it!:D

bullhamster

4. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Dang..a random search brought me to this ancient thread.. look at the date, the day before 911...gives me the creeps

5. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    I didnt see the date and was wondering how I missed seeing an aftershock on the exchange :D

Cheesehead_Slasher likes this.
  6. Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    L
    Lol...ya, just missed that one man..

DamascusBowie likes this.
  7. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    What ever happened to Dark Hog?

8. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    How is Sept 11 the day before Sept 11? o_O:D

9. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy

Oct 15, 2009
    Geez, a satin aftershock bolo would be a nice problem to have... then or now! :D

It shows September 10th, 2001 @ 9:56AM MST here. Pretty sure down under time is the issue with your time stamp. ;) Which makes me curious, was it actually 9/12 for y'all back when it went down? :confused:

10. Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    Ya it shows sep 10..?

11. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    Must be the timezone thing. It shows Sept 11 here. It must have been on Sept 12 here when it happened. Back then, the date wasn't important and wasn't taken any notice of. That is, until the mainstream media whacked a logo and a tagline on it. o_O

12. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    At that time I was watching an interview with a fire fighter on the scene, he brought up the date being like the 911 emergency number, the rest is history.