oh locksmith and cyber-yeoman

swissbianco

hello,

today i tested 2 brand new sak models out, the one hand locksmith and the cyber-yeoman.

the one hand locksmith is based on the 111mm oht with added metalsaw/file:

IMG_0706.jpg

everything on this new model is roger and works as it should, there was an delay cause i had to get first the needed parts, an test was done using an spring with the awl, so we ended with an sak with two awls, made no sense, according to victorinox i should use an different spring with no tool on the backside. this new sak model will be avaliable with philips or corkscrew.

the cyber-yeoman was first made for an candlepower get 2 gether in north ga, today i made another one, the differences are the first one has an fileworked main blade, its factory approved too! the basis is the yeoman sak but i added one layer for the bit and bitholder from the cyber tool. like the yeoman-mechnic, an sak where i added the pliers in one layer, this sak is made in an absolute limited number, if the interest is bigger i can sure make/get more.

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

many thanks to warren, the attacking mailman from cleveland for his help and support! :thumbup:

These will be really great! I'll be buying at least 2 CyberYeoman if I have the chance, I belive this could be an incredible EDC.

Many people have been waiting for a Liner-Lock with file and with the new SS file, this should be a something where the pent-up demand will be strong, even though the file knives are not as popular as the saws in general. I'm in for at least one... but now I have to decide on Phillips or corkscrew.... I guess on this type of knife the Phillips makes more sense.... since I can't have a solid scale with no cut out and no tool for a smooth handle (always nice when filing).

Bring'em On!

i work on more pics of that sak and will assemble some more sunday, different variants.

The CyberYeoman looks like a really good EDC. I have never been a fan of SAKs, but I might have to change my mind on this one. When and where will this thing eventually be sold?

Do you plan on making a version where you remove the layer with the Phillips driver and magnifying glass and replace that layer with the pliers from the mechanic? I don't ever see myself using the magnifying glass or the Phillips driver especially if there is a Phillips bit for the bit driver. That would be the perfect SAK for me.

technically thats sure possible. remember theres 9 or 10 different bits so while you have the philips on the sak anyway you can stock up with the other different bits you need...

Good point. I need to look at wear on my endmills at work. I would like this package. I'm 40 after all!

the goal is to make it most useful and compact. theres so many different models be made but still space for more.

I need to get my hands on a CyberYeoman... I think it might be the perfect combo to carry with a Damascus Pioneer.

Black Plus-Scales on the Cyber-Yeoman would be ideal... unless you can get some real wood Plus-Scales.

Can't wait for these, need a few of these... I think this one is going to be HOT!!!

ps... don't forget to offer the extra bits

Back