• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ohta OFF-L with Takeda forged blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsomedude

Gold Member
I have up for sale here a Hiroaki Ohta handmade friction folder with a blade hand-forged by Shosui Takeda. Asking $225 PayPal (fee included) Shipped USPS flat-rate to CONUS. I will do my best to give it to the first "I'll take it" but retain the right to sell to whomever I please.

q7xtJ8c.jpg

The Ohta is an OFF-L model friction folder with a desert ironwood handle, dark green micarta spacer and a blade of Aogami Super Blue hand forged by Shosui Takeda.

The overall feel of the knife is pretty rustic, great fit but simple finish. I have the basic slip sheath it came with but not the lanyard. The blade is the star of the show here as the collaboration was only done for a short while and is not likely to be repeated. Takeda's work is second to none, I recommend checking out his kitchen and hunting knives. The blade is San Mai layered but I'm not sure the exact type of steel the other two layers are.

No blade play and pretty smooth for a friction folder, a couple tiny spots of patina on the exposed edge. This knife has seen a little bit of use cutting limes but hasn't seen more than a bare strop.

It's AS San Mai, 6 7/8" OAL, 4" Closed.

More Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/folderview...NUdENSODFpNUk3Tzk4bVRXR3VxX0ZiRUE&usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back