OK lets see those Tichbourne's!!!!!

CKE2

Gold Member
Every forum needs a pic thread, so lets start one here for George. George has been an incredible help to me with my knifemaking. I would not be where I am if it was not for George's help and kindness. I have 6 knives from him now and plan on more in the future:thumbup: George and Carol are good people and always make time for me when I am in the big city for a visit.

So....lets see your Tichbourne knives:thumbup:

Here are mine:

Mouse
Moose Hunter
Wood Century
Small Military
Neck knife, no name IIRC and only a couple made.

Not pictured is an old style kitchen knife he made awhile ago.

Craig

Attachments

• IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3887.jpg
    IMG_3887.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3890.jpg
    IMG_3890.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 69
Pics of the necker:)

Attachments

• IMG_3891.jpg
    IMG_3891.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3892.jpg
    IMG_3892.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 35
Nce collection Craig. Great thread as well. Here's apic of my bowie. It's a variation of George's Riverboat Gambler. It has a brass guard, buckeye burl scales and mosaic pins. The pic definately doesn't do it justice...
003-1.jpg

Cheers.

-Chris

Thanks Craig, at first I couldn't remember making you a neck knife.

I probably didn't clue in at first because I consider that a fishing knife for trimming line and such.

Nice photos.

George

It isn't mine I wish it was though

GeorgeTichbourne1_rb.jpg

GeorgeTichbourne1a_rb.jpg

One of the prettiest blades I have seen and the sheath is just wow

aj

Chris....great bowie you got there from George.

AJ, whoever got that one must be happy:thumbup:

I must say, the more I look at the Mouse the more I think it is one of George's best designs. I absolutey love it!

Craig

It isn't mine I wish it was though

GeorgeTichbourne1_rb.jpg

GeorgeTichbourne1a_rb.jpg

One of the prettiest blades I have seen and the sheath is just wow

aj

Hi AJ - We know who we sold this one to. Sorry to see it on the secondary market. The gentleman who purchased this many years ago is a celebrated war vetrin who did several tours in Viet Nam, retired into Highway Patrol and last we heard was still working on occasion doing some weapons training for the military. Great fellow. This man really takes good care of his treasures so anyone interested would be getting a knife that was proudly owned and well taken care of.

May I ask George how old is the knife and how many hours went into the sheath. The sheath is incredible and really fits the knife very well.

aj

The knife is the better part of 10 years old and looks just like it was shipped yesterday.

Thanks for posting this because I had forgotten that pattern on the sheath, going to have to dig it out and use it more often.

Making a sheath like that will take a full day if you have to create the pattern from scratch, only half a day if you can reuse an existing pattern. This does not take into account drying time at various stages.

George

Here is my one of a kind (I think!) - Baby Deco, no inserts, with an On-Scene Eric N Concealex Rig. Keep in mind I use this one as a desk knife, and sometimes carry it for small tasks like twine cutting, whittling, etc. Just love it!

P1030055.jpg

Here is my one of a kind (I think!) - Baby Deco, no inserts, with an On-Scene Eric N Concealex Rig. Keep in mind I use this one as a desk knife, and sometimes carry it for small tasks like twine cutting, whittling, etc. Just love it!

That sure is a pretty knife. Reminds me of another one George has in his Shop. It really could be the bigger brother of your knife.

take care
aj

P1030055.jpg

Yes, you do have the only one in that configuration. In truth I had forgotten that George had made that one without the insets :) It's real pretty though.
Nice to see it again, Thanks for sharing. Carol

Yes, you do have the only one in that configuration. I'd forgotten that George had made that one up without the insets. Good to see it again, glad to hear you enjoy it. Carol

Here's my Moose Hunter.
Part semi-skinner, part nessmuk-truly a versatile design and comfortable user.
This one has processed 2 moose with ease. George puts a lovely epoxy finish on the handles (my hands are on the smaller size so I pared down the slabs and applied an oil finish) and mirror polishes the blade (note the reflected clouds in the pic).
IMHO the Moose Hunter is one of the best Custom hunting knife bargains out there.

tich001.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my Moose Hunter.
Part semi-skinner, part nessmuk-truly a versatile design and comfortable user.
This one has processed 2 moose with ease. George puts a lovely epoxy finish on the handles (my hands are on the smaller size so I pared down the slabs and applied an oil finish) and mirror polishes the blade (note the reflected clouds in the pic).
IMHO the Moose Hunter is one of the best Custom hunting knife bargains out there.

Hi Burnesy, actually George doesn't put anything on the handle at all, just buffs it - the epoxy is what affixes the scales to the handle. That Cocobolo is such a high resign wood and so dense that all you have to do it buff it up and you get that rich polish. That knife of yours sure has some gorgeous grain patterns. ;)

Carol

Hi Burnesy, actually George doesn't put anything on the handle at all, just buffs it - the epoxy is what affixes the scales to the handle. That Cocobolo is such a high resign wood and so dense that all you have to do it buff it up and you get that rich polish. That knife of yours sure has some gorgeous grain patterns. ;)

Carol

Thanks for the info Carol!
It had such a high sheen originally that it actually looked coated:thumbup:
I'll get my buffer out and see what I can do ;)

Thanks for the info Carol!
It had such a high sheen originally that it actually looked coated:thumbup:
I'll get my buffer out and see what I can do ;)

You got some awesome taste in fixed blades that's for sure bro.
saw your other purchase as well. It was sweet :thumbup:

aj

Back