OK, paragee rollcall

I have one that I have been using just abouy every day since I got it from David at the Blade Show. I LOVE it! I use it to open boxes. cut the top off feed sacks, trim dried corn to fit in my squirell (sp) feeders. I have touched it up twice on mini-crock sticks. The sucker keeps right on cutting. It works as smooth as snail slime. The only trouble that I have with it, is that I am used to tip-up carry. I don't know if it will ever be as fast as my Delica, but it sure does cut better, and hold an edge better. I did replace the little thumb button with a add on One Arm Bandit. I have short fingers, and arthrites. It's a very good knife, O.D.E. has a winner.:) :) :D

10/21 I did something that I thought that I would never do. I started carring my Paragee as my EDC instead of my Delica. After 4.5 mos of carry I still feel like I got a fine bargain. I am just getting started testing the OE hatchet. If it works out as well as the Wedge and the Paragee, it will be a great camp aid. As far as I'm concerned, everything that I have seen from Outdoor edge is a bargain for the price charged. I have been a confirmed fan since the Wedge came out, and I hung my first around my neck. I still carry it daily.

Outstanding knife in every way--design, execution and price! I don't know why people aren't raving over this yet. Perhaps we should take over the Blade Discussion forum and give this topic a bigger profile ;)

I love the stonewashed blade. I wish more comapnies would stonewash instead of bead blasting!

I've got one - very nice. I've been trying to decide whether I like the Paragee or the 154 EDC better, and it's pretty much a toss up.
(It's hard to talk about the Paragee without comparing to the EDC - sorry if I offend anyone.)

The Paragee handle seems to be slightly longer, and of course the EDC's blade is wider.

Probably the earlier release of the EDC has stolen some of the Paragee's thunder a little, but both knives are really very nice. I think the Paragee is a better buy than the base model EDC...

The paragee is a MUCH better buy than than the base model EDC, but they're both great. I just find that the paragee fits my hand perfectly, and the EDC feels small.

Though I posted a review/comparison between the Paragee and EDC a couple weeks ago or so, guess I'll do it again. Might even think of posting that earlier post on the General forum.

I've been pointing out whenever possible that Knife Center has been quite bold in saying they prefer the Paragee to the EDC. I have both the EDC in 154CM and the Paragee. I haven't been nearly as happy with the EDC as all the rave review writers. From posts on the General thread, it seems a lot of people have made the EDC just that.

My EDC is getting loosened up a bit, but there still is no comparison between the incredibly light forces needed to open the blade and unlock the Paragee. As I've posted before, the ball detente on my EDC has obviously been on steroids. Guess would make it a good California knife, but I don't like to have to work so hard to get a blade out of the handle.

I've heard mumbles about Camillus making a larger EDC -- 3.9" blade. Has anyone heard whether or not OE is making any similar plans? I'd love a Paragee with about a half-inch longer blade. I'm just so used to "full size" folders in my right front pocket, that I feel half undressed with a knife the size of the Paragee there, however much I like it. Am going to try to force myself to carry it a bit, and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Paragee. I have recently retired my 3" Impulse and have been carrying the Paragee daily since the first production was completed. Regardless of price I could not be any more pleased with the level of quality we achieved on this knife.

As far as producing a larger version of the Paragee, we have no immediate plans for this but we will consider it based on the sales response for the original Paragee and whether our dealers and customers make enough requests for a larger Paragee. Since the original has only been available for one month now it is too early to tell.

Thanks again for all the comments and keep them coming.

Great knife!

This may be the most under-rated knife out there. Just picked up mine yesterday and I'm very impressed. Design, fit and finish are all top-notch. It is going to get a permanent place in my tactical EDC rotation (daily carry varies tween BM AFCK, Spyderco Delica and Endura - depending on circumstances).

It looks like it should hold up to daily carry and use - but I guess only time will tell.

I love the paragee. I alternate it and a 154CM EDC as my semi dress up knife. I carry it when a larger folder would be inappropriate. Great knife.

With that being said I would love to see a bigger version. Say a 3.5" to 4" blade. Wouldn't that kick butt?!

Back