1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

OK, WHAT knife is at the top of your personal wish list

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Allan DeGroot, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    -PJ Sebenza 31
    -XM18 3.5 skinny slicer grind
    -Spydiechef
    -CQI Chaparral FRN

Therom likes this.
  2. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I don't really have a wish list. When I see a Knife that I need, I know it right away.

orangejoe35 likes this.
  3. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    @Hengelo_77 made this knife for me this year. It's a 4-inch/93mm parer with full flat grind. I like it so much I commissioned another from him, but this time with a 6 3/8-inch/165mm blade. Same or similar details. Niolox and olive wood. Bart's work is stellar.

I think I have all the production knives I need. Or want. (Maybe.;))

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  4. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    i THINK I will eventually PICK up a Grayman OF some FLAVOR at some POINT, but my absolute grail KNIFE is probably a Chris REEVE Sebenza large Glorious. They HAVE been discontinued FOR some TIME.

WValtakis, Lee D, Therom and 6 others like this.
  5. Rayray70

Rayray70

Jan 2, 2019
    I am flipping between a zero tolerance 0562cf or 0450. A benchmade crooked river keeps popping into my mind also. The at 0562cf breaks my soft rule of not spending more than 200 on a knife though.

Cscotttsss likes this.
  6. ßäD ßöß

ßäD ßöß

Jun 17, 2019
    -Large Sebenza 21 Insingo

-BBS Domino In cts-204p

-some kind or Bali cuz mine just broke

7. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    cultrotech svarn ii

TenShun705 and marcus52AR like this.
  8. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Right now, I'm really wanting a Small or Medium Mayo Wharncliffe. That is my dream knife.

9. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    The Glorious is a grail for me as well. Unfortunately, the price has skyrocketed over the last year. It's just more than I want to pay for a CRK now. Maybe they will make a Glorious 31 some day?

Curl of the Burl and Quiet like this.
  10. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    And when you need something that's a responsibility.

To me a wish list is what I'd like to have but not always what I'm willing to buy. Right now I really want a blue bugout. If I feel the same way a few weeks from now I may buy one.

11. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I own all three and all are amazing knives so you can't go wrong with any option. Oh and I see plenty of 0562cf for sale well below $200. I bought a backup BNIB 20cv here for way under $200.

Rayray70 and Mo2 like this.
  12. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    On top of my wish list is that people don't drag Obama/Trump into GKD for no apparent reason.

I am thinking about a Ruike Hussar. And maybe a Scagel.

13. Chucktabulous

Chucktabulous

Jan 11, 2019
    A custom Swamp Rat golok thats maybe 18" long.

14. JimMD

JimMD Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Richard Rogers Mid-size 4F. Actually I'd probably want any of his locking knives.

CWB3 likes this.
  15. Allan DeGroot

Allan DeGroot

Jun 15, 2019
    I thought it was a funny quote, but quoting with attribution is just plain wrong, so smooth your ruffled feathers and get over it, If I ever quote Peter Paul Rubens, I'll do so correctly. if you expect differently change your expectations.

Third on my list is probably a SheepDog... and as a side note I will probably own one YEARS before I can get a Reeve folder and be able to give Ruike Beta folders as gifts to my three nephews...

16. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    FYI:

1) We have an entire subform for members to share their political humor;
    2) GKD is not it. It is called the Political Arena. A paid membership will allow you entry. :thumbsup:
    3) Those are the rules we agreed to abide by when we joined. If you expect differently change your expectations.

17. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

Every time this question is asked I reply with the same picture. This Spyderco/Slysz Swayback seems like it’s forever stuck on my wishlist. Still holding out hope!

CWB3, Butch, Sergeua and 8 others like this.
  18. steelhog

steelhog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 2, 2009
    At the moment I think a White River 45 or GEC 85

19. Allan DeGroot

Allan DeGroot

Jun 15, 2019
    IT was NOT even remotely a political quote! it was only a funny quote by people who HAPPEN to be political figures, made YEARS before either was of political significant! the quote IIRC dates to 2004. So UNWAD your panties and move on...

Nor was the joke political in nature... GET OVER YOURSELF!

Now I'm going to quote "Brian of Nazareth": "There is just no pleasing some people"

If I now say Jesus Christ! are you then going to complain about "religious discussion"?

I find your complaint to be petty and excessively legalistic. IN CONTEXT I said nothing wrong

I just realized who made that "Don't dream in Coach" quote and that would really put your panties in a twist. And I also realize I failed to attribute it.

But the quote that comes to mind now is a bit different: "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a day, but if you SET HIM on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett) Care to guess how I'd like to apply that theory?

ßäD ßöß likes this.
  20. Allan DeGroot

Allan DeGroot

Jun 15, 2019
    Why? is it a rare and discontinued model?

It is a design that has an elegant simplicity to it, plus it looks like it would be a breeze to sharpen on a bench stone.

woodysone likes this.