OKC 8557 Spec Plus Folder

Hadn't heard of these before. Forget where I found it.. Little too much Christmas cheer:) Orderd one from a store here. US made folder 1095 steel. And a good deal at $75 Canadian shipped. Surprised it's not better known. Anyone use one?

It arrived.. A little disappointed. The handle was cracked at the pin for the locking bar. Supplier checked their remaining stock and found them w the same issue. Sending it back for a refund. Was hoping more from a us made folder:)

I'd love to claim to be more surprised by this than I am. Honestly, if we could do a better job making folders in the US than we do in Taiwan, we'd be making folders in the US. At some point, we'll likely see what we can do to change that, but right now it ends up being more practical to do it there. Hopefully the supplier is reaching out to us.

Yeah the name spec Plus does not suit this knife. I like the 1095 good size drop point blade. The plastic feeling kraton handles without liners not so much. A handle w liners and softer kraton and I'd be all over it.

Back