OKC wish list

Blue Sky

Gold Member
Some things I would like to see from one of my favorite knife makers:

Return of the SP19, but no serrations this time! Blade size and shape combined with the SP handle make for a potentially great field knife imo but the serrations are a no-go. And are probably what killed it the first go around. Oh, and phosphated not powder coat. Thank you.

A more functional sawback on the 12" machetes. Probably would mean offsetting the teeth and actually sharpening them, but that's something I personally would pay extra for.

A flat ground (or high saber ground) PSK w/o fullers, saw back or sharpened swedge.

Pin the pommel on the Chimera. The screwed-on design just is not right for a hard use knife, especially one with a pommel intended to be used as a striker! That's a head-scratching decision to be sure.

Make the 498 and 499 Walmart versions available through all dealers.

Those are my ideas, I'd like to hear yours.

What i would like to see is a saber grind micarta handle with solid thumping and wumping hilts version of the SP-51 or SP-53 to start with! Or Saber Grind version of the Woodsman at least.

A few Saber Grind versions of the RAT or RD series. (That's why I got the RAK and Two RD TANTO's because one has one and one is similar to them).

Dito on the 19 as long as it keeps with your changes. So much I would love to see, but for starters I would want them to switch all sheaths over to spec ops or kydex. Even a well done molded plastic unit and definitely want to see more leather!

^^Like the sheaths ideas. Molded sheaths, like on the Chimera, are so nice and compact. Some of the nylon or kydex versions made these days are so oversized as to be almost unusable. No glass filled materials though!

Pin the pommel on the Chimera. The screwed-on design just is not right for a hard use knife, especially one with a pommel intended to be used as a striker! That's a head-scratching decision to be sure.

I would like to see this as well.

I've broke two FF6's that use the same construction method, both at the pommel.

As much as I like the Chimera I ended up selling mine because of the way the pommel is attached, I just don't trust it.

+1 on the Chimera pommel. The 19 could also be thinner, maybe between 3/16-5/32; leave the 1/4 stock for bigger blades. I would love to get blanks to put handles on them, specially a SP10. Bring back the bush series rangers but with a mid saber grind? And ditch the top rubber "guard" on the SPs.

I'd like to see the heat treat on the AUS 8 Rat 1 and 2 go to 57-59 HRC.
I mean what's the point of it being 55-56 HRC.

Welded or integrated finger guard versions of sp51,53; like the woodsman was to the sp50, but with coating and more durable hanlde slabs(micarta)

I would like to see a updated Apache folder come out. I personally was a fan of this knife, but it did have it's quirks. A RH/TP, pivot screw that sets flush with the handles, upgraded blade steel, marking of the steel on the blade(that confused alot of people).

Bagwell reissue. Something like 5160, 52100, even 1095. They'd be incredibly popular.

Revamp the USAF survival knife by removing the top guard, give it a flat grind and maybe a better saw for wood.
Call it the bush pilot.

I'd like to see Ontario bring back the Ranger RBS series, specifically the RBS7 and Afhgan.

The return of 5160, 1095, the blackwind series and the sp gen ii series.
All the changes ontario has gone through have made them lose their place as one of my favorite brands.

Back