Photos Old Axe Identification: Englerth

Found an old axe and wood blade cover in an junk store. I am usually pretty good at tracking down manufacturers but mostly on modern 1900-present stuff. This is a large axe measuring 10” across the blade, 9.5” form striking face to blade tipand handle is 19” and I am guessing replaced - not original. First - what style axe is this and what was it typically used for? Second I cannot find Englerth as a manufacturer so someone probably stamped their name into it. It was a very uncommon name here in the states up until the 1950’s. Any help you can provide would be most welcome!

Found an old axe and wood blade cover in an junk store. I am usually pretty good at tracking down manufacturers but mostly on modern 1900-present stuff. This is a large axe measuring 10” across the blade, 9.5” form striking face to blade tipand handle is 19” and I am guessing replaced - not original. First - what style axe is this and what was it typically used for? Second I cannot find Englerth as a manufacturer so someone probably stamped their name into it. It was a very uncommon name here in the states up until the 1950’s. Any help you can provide would be most welcome!
I cannot seem to get my photos to post. Will find out how.

Easiest way to post photos is to use an image hosting site such as Imgur then post a hotlink here.

Back