Old Bull Belt

Does anyone own one of these? I'm interested in buying one but I need to make sure it will hold up to the needs of a gun toting, knife strapping, outdoorsman. When I say "hold up" I mean support whatever I want to strap to myself, not stand the test of time. (I know their stuff will last)
Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Does anyone also own the tow belt along with the old bull? I have the tow belt and am curious how they compare

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Bump. I'm interested in info on this belt too. I'm considering getting one or the other - the tow belt or the bullhide belt.

Russ

From what i can tell, the tow belt is three layers of awesome leather. This is the one i own. The old bull belt is just one piece of REALLY awesome thick leather.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Here's mine next to my dark coffee brown wallet.
I needed something more robust for carrying a Glock 19 CCW with a Crossbreed Supertuck than the plain web belts I have been wearing for years.
I wasn't thrilled with it at 1st- the weight, thickness, and the darkness of what was supposed to be dark coffee brown.
Ok, I had instant buyers remorse when I opened the box but I needed something and didn't want to start over by ordering a different brand so I figured I would give it a shot. At least I knew it wasn't going to wear out and it's not like anybody is going to see it if I'm carrying concealed right anyway.
I got used to it, it started breaking in, it holds up my pants well with my Glock if you are willing to go a little snug which leads to one of it's best features, the holes are close together unlike most other brands so you can tighten up just a little more if need be.
I still wish it had been closer to the dark coffee brown of my wallet. I do think it is a function of the smoother leather taking the dye differently.
This is all I can think of for now on it. This belt just works and should last a very long time.

SaddlebackBullBelt-004.jpg

SaddlebackBullBelt-003.jpg

SaddlebackBullBelt-002.jpg

SaddlebackBullBelt-001.jpg

What Gollum posted is correct about color. The DCB of the OBB is much darker than the DCB of everything else. The reason is because the OBB is vegetable tanned, every other SBL product is Chrome tanned. I'm going to buy the Tow because I like the TB color, but they will both function well.

Theres 2 things I'd note about the belts that I didn't know before hand. One is that they are THICK. So thick that I can't really move a large teklok around on it once closed. The teklok will close, but it's a snug fit. So snug that I took some 600 grit sand paper and rounded off all the many corners and sharp edges from the teklok so it wouldn't eventually cut into the belt. The second thing is that they are made to be cut down to fit a smaller size, but you'll have to do some work to get it there. I'm a size 30-31 so the 32 belt is just to big. When I went to cut it down to size, as it's designed by the company, I found that there wasn't a second set of threading like there is at the end of the stock belt. Probably not a problem since it's glued together, but I don't want the chance of the threading coming out or anything giong wrong with it over the full 100 years of it's warranty.

The size 34 I sent back because it was too big next to my old handmade belt (made from horse tack)
P1120751.jpg

It's thicker than this image gives credit, how thick? my micrometer puts it at .395", or just over 3/8".
P1120757.jpg

When you go to cut the end off to shorten it you'll find that you end up with an unstitched end
P1130102.jpg

and that it's pretty hard to get a needle through 3/8" of leather o_o. The end thats cut is also untreated
P1130104.jpg

a little resolene and quilting thread later
P1130105.jpg

and I ended up with a ghetto rendition of the original.
P1130107.jpg

100$ might seem like a lot for a belt (I ended up paying about 130$ after shipping because I sent the larger one back), but it's worth it. I have no doubt that I'll be wearing this belt for decades, as well as using the bifold wallet from them.

Back