Old Clip, New Clip, Red Clip, Blue Clip

Well, okay, only the first part of that, but I had to finish the couplet.

I gather that the clip design on the Sebenza changed within the last few years. Does anyone have pictures of both clips so I can figure out which type I have on mine? Also, are there any known problems with the older clip design?

--Bob Q

The only problem I have had with the old is that they were abusive to the pockets. I wear out pants anyway, so what's the big deal
biggrin.gif
Definitely like the secure feeling the old ones have.

My small Sebenza came with the old style clip.

I replaced it with the new clip.

It seems to hold the pocket in my jeans better.

------------------
Rick Gray - Left Handers Unite

I am new to the world of CRK. I am about to get a sebenza and would be very interested in seeing the difference between clips to see which is comming on my knife as it is being bought from an individual. Thanks.

I think the difference is that the old clips just had the usual inward bend at the bottom and the new ones have an additional inward bend partway down. The new ones are supposed to hold onto the edge of your pocket a little more securely, but I haven't heard any complaints about the old ones.

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

--Bob Q

We experienced some problems with the old style clip not being bent enough right at the top so there was insufficient space for the material on the pocket (especially if it was a thicker fabric). This had the combined result of chewing the material and springing the clip outwards a little so that the hold was sometimes less secure.

The remedy for this was to create a greater bend at the top so the clip stands out from the knife a little further and then, to ensure that the clip remains secure, Chris designed an indent about halfway down that helps keep the knife secure. The lip at the bottom of the new clip is slightly different too, less aggressive in scratching things that you lean against....!!

Hope this helps -
Anne

Back