Old habits die hard.

I've got a problem.

I'm having trouble parting with my CRKT Sampson KISS spearpoint.

Recognizing that the KISS has limitations, I've purchased several knives in the last little while to replace it including the the BM 710 & 750. I thought I found a winner in the Pinnacle as it has a solid lock up, thin profile, and excellent blade. Unfortunately, I keep reverting back to carrying the KISS.

Today, I just picked up my new CPM 440V Spyderco Native. It is an awesome knife. Mid-sized for easy carry, and very solid feel. I'm amazed at how smooth it is. I dare say it's almost as smooth as the BM 710 Axis. Also, one-handed closing isn't even a problem inspite of it being a lockback. I've been playing with it throughout the day and really like it BUT...

...But, I have this gut feeling I'll end up carrying the CRKT KISS again. It's like this habit I can't break.

What to do? What to do?

It's quite simply, actually.

1. Buy a couple pairs of pants with more
pockets and carry them all, or;
2. Set up a rotational schedule for your
prized possessions to give them all a
fair shake.

I'm okay about the pants thing. But is it all right to give my knives names to distinguish them?

I think I'll call the Pinnacle, "Bob".
wink.gif

there is nothing wrong with naming knives. you can use about any naming scheme that suits you.

Didn't Ed Halligan design the KISS series? Call him up and get a custom Kiss! Problem solved.

------------------
"Come What May..."

Send me a few of them to take care of, you'll have less to choose from then
wink.gif

------------------
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer... but I've got the sharpest knife in the room.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt Shade:
Send me a few of them to take care of, you'll have less to choose from then
wink.gif

</font>

That sounds like a pretty good deal!
wink.gif

I don't really see this as a problem. If you like the KISS that much, carry it. That does not mean that you should not have other knives to sometimes take it's place. I think most of the people on this forum have a favorite knife, but I doubt that they are one knife people.

[This message has been edited by Keith Montgomery (edited 01-21-2001).]

I just put a real kiss on a piece of papper and will send it for a knife just let me know were to send it?? Carry two knives at a time and give them all a turn. Can't neglect your babbies.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eaglehi1:
I just put a real kiss on a piece of papper and will send it for a knife just let me know were to send it??...</font>

Errr...I think I'd rather have cash, Eagle! But thanks for thinkin' of me.
redface.gif

Yes, perhaps I'm being a little melodramatic about this. However, I want to carry a harder use knife than the KISS can handle. Unfortunately, I can't find one that is as comfortable to carry.

However, I do appreciate all the suggestions although no one has suggested a suitable replacement. Thin profile (like the KISS's wafer thinness), and easy to carry is a major factor. Something in the $50 to 60 range. And PLEASSSSSSSE don't suggest a small Sebenza. I'm still paying off Christmas bills!
wink.gif

Okay, fire away!

[This message has been edited by Full Tang Clan (edited 01-22-2001).]

Have you looked at a Benchmade 350 as a replacement. The auto version(3500/3550) is great, and I have heard really good things about the manual as well. It has a small profile, but is still fairly rugged.

Back