old hatchet

I was deer hunting last year and stumbled upon an old collapsed shack. basically all that was left was the tin roof, which i found because i stepped on it. i lifted the tin roof up and i found an old hatchet, that was somehow still in one piece. anyway i cleaned it off and it looks pretty good. the wooden handle is 14" long at th bottom it is 1 1/2 inches wide an at top 1 1/4 " wide. the handle is only 1/" thick. the head is 6 1/4 " long. the chopping part of the head is is 3 1/2" wide and gets skinnier towards the handle. it also has a v cut on the top of it halfway back towards the handle. the head then makes a circle at the part the wooden handle fits in. on the other side of the head there is an octogon shaped hammer. on one side of the chopping end there is a word. its hard to read but I believe it says KLIORER OR MAYBE KLIOKER OR MAYBE KLICKER OR MAYBE EVEN KLICRER. anyway, i was hoping someone out there could maybe identify the maker and age of the hatchet and if it holds any value. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
quinn313

Sounds like an old drywall hatchet. The V was for pulling nails, the hammer for hammering and the hatchet for cutting. Very common on farms around here in the 60's.