"Old Knives"

I'm always keen to add to my Pen knives, many of these are amazingly built and extremely attractive, often with Killer Bone!
Imagine my surprise when I opened up a box of knives that I received from our friend Roland, and inside this extremely kind Gesture of this little wonder being gifted to me....
Henry Sears Pen, the actions still to this day are as smooth as Silk, with such crisp snap!
If you take the time to look at the Bone and the wonderful Jig Work- you can appreciate everything about this wee thing.

QsZXcTy.jpg

DAf5sgu.jpg

Blades showing surface Rust some areas with very slight pitting, at some stage this was simply put away for some time, I am glad its ventured out again!
wvFbvF1.jpg

The tiniest of Tip Bolsters, and that small Bail so nicely finished off!

TCHDlqU.jpg
Very very nice Duncan, I thank (blame) you for my interest in pen knives and I just received a beautiful wee Remington that I'll have to post here soon. It just arrived Saturday and the bone is what drew me to it. Mine has tip bolsters as well but the bail on yours just makes it so nice:thumbsup: back to the tip bolsters, I swear mine are integral:)

Thanks for the comments my friends.

Paul matey - photo’s - or it didn’t happen :D
Here you go Duncan, it's a sweet wee pen:thumbsup:
The Remington falls into the 1933-1935.
da4qXT.jpg

W8Gxgw.jpg

soVzyu.jpg

7OHhn7.jpg

Also arriving yesterday is a Maher & Grosh, similar to the recent release of "The Trapper" from OVC:thumbsup: Nice ebony covers in overall great shape:) Not sure of an approximate age of the Maher & Grosh?
Laftty.jpg

plWZhz.jpg

ayAoQ2.jpg

RpBkQc.jpg

Whew! Sweet knives Paul matey. I love them both. That Pen is Stunning!!

Ahhh so there’s that M&G you were telling me about! That’s a great big Ol’ Ebony Jack right there my friend - man it’s in Great condition too matey!!! :):thumbsup:

Whew! Sweet knives Paul matey. I love them both. That Pen is Stunning!!

Ahhh so there’s that M&G you were telling me about! That’s a great big Ol’ Ebony Jack right there my friend - man it’s in Great condition too matey!!! :):thumbsup:

Pair of nice ones Paul, really like that M&G.
Thanks Duncan and John, appreciate it guys. The pic's were not the best as they were taken at work under fluorescents:)

I'm always keen to add to my Pen knives, many of these are amazingly built and extremely attractive, often with Killer Bone!
Imagine my surprise when I opened up a box of knives that I received from our friend Roland, and inside this extremely kind Gesture of this little wonder being gifted to me....
Henry Sears Pen, the actions still to this day are as smooth as Silk, with such crisp snap!
If you take the time to look at the Bone and the wonderful Jig Work- you can appreciate everything about this wee thing.

QsZXcTy.jpg

DAf5sgu.jpg

Blades showing surface Rust some areas with very slight pitting, at some stage this was simply put away for some time, I am glad its ventured out again!
wvFbvF1.jpg

The tiniest of Tip Bolsters, and that small Bail so nicely finished off!

TCHDlqU.jpg
I have a couple Henry Sears knives and they are nicely made knives :) That's a beauty Duncan :thumbsup:

Here's an odd, old knife:
"Marx & Co. Maniago"

4 3/4" long, and unfortunately it's seen the grinder a time or two.

I couldn't find much, except that there was a German businessman named Albert Marx, who was an owner of a cutlery co-operative in Maniago, Italy from 1907 to 1914. Coricama (Coltellerie Riunite di Caslino e diManiago)

TaxApqN.jpg

hmmurSm.jpg

dvCxDHh.jpg

Rej5q9p.jpg

That's a really cool old Knife R8shell and in every way deserves to be in this Thread! It has that Italian type of Flair doesn't it! Very :cool:

"QUOTE= r8shell, post: ]Here's an odd, old knife:
"Marx & Co. Maniago"
4 3/4" long, and unfortunately it's seen the grinder a time or two.
I couldn't find much, except that there was a German businessman named Albert Marx, who was an owner of a cutlery co-operative in Maniago, Italy from 1907 to 1914. Coricama (Coltellerie Riunite di Caslino e diManiago)

TaxApqN.jpg

hmmurSm.jpg

dvCxDHh.jpg

Rej5q9p.jpg
QUOTE"

Thanks for showing us that beautiful old knife, Rachel!!:thumbsup::cool:
I love older, Italian cutlery - kinda justifies my heritage!!:rolleyes:

Back