Old school multitool

oldschoolmultitool.jpg

Hi guys, I thought you all might be interested in this one, I've had it lying around forever, and last night got a wild hair and took some fine grit and a little miltec to it. Cleaned up pretty well. No clue how old it is, value, etc. The screwdriver blade reads "Cattaraugus cutlery co, Little Valley, NY". I'm not swapping it out for my Wave, but a pretty neat old piece regardless. Overall lenght is 4 1/2", main blade is a little over 2"

They made a few knives that are similar to SAKs in design... scissors,screwdrivers,and corkscrews onboard. That's a cool piece you have there, thanks for sharing! :)

Yahmanin said:
oldschoolmultitool.jpg

Hi guys, I thought you all might be interested in this one, I've had it lying around forever, and last night got a wild hair and took some fine grit and a little miltec to it. Cleaned up pretty well. No clue how old it is, value, etc. The screwdriver blade reads "Cattaraugus cutlery co, Little Valley, NY". I'm not swapping it out for my Wave, but a pretty neat old piece regardless. Overall lenght is 4 1/2", main blade is a little over 2"

Yahmanin ,
Do you have an interest in older multis ?

I recall seeing one of those and its not-so-many variations in a knife values book. It would be wonderful to know the going rate for that knife in its present condition.

Lonedriver, not in any organized way. I'm a knife nut like all of us, and I've carried a multitool daily for the last 15 years, but more as tools than objects to be collected. This one I've had forever, I think it was one of several slipjoints my grandfather gave me years ago. He also handed down several fixed blades, some of them South Pacific bringbacks from WWII, so the slip joints didn't really grab me ( I was 14-15 at the time, a barong easily trumped an old Case).

Bama, agreed, I'd be curious to see what it'd bring on an open market. Granddad ran a Goodwill store, so a lot of the knives were donations he refused to sell (he was a minister), he'd buy them himself to keep them off the shelfs, but when I realized I was a: a hopeless knife junkie, and b: not psychotic, he gave them to me. If it was his EDC, I'd never sell it, as is, I might trade/sell it sometime down the road, so it;d be nice to have a ballpark value.

Back