1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Old School Rat

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Iron City, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Iron City

Iron City Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm a cheesehead from back in the early days but have strayed from the infestation.

Anyone recognize this model? Heard only 7 were made.

[​IMG]

2. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger

Jul 23, 2007
    Very cool
    I want one

3. Iron City

Jan 15, 2005
    No guesses...it an OD green original Ratweiler from the Knob Creek show back in 2007 I believe. The made only 7 I was told and at the time Rats only came in black and rarely tan...so this was kind of a big deal to be in this color.

4. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Unfortunately that's a fake. Sorry brother......I can feel your pain on that one.

Send it to me and I will turn it over to the proper authorities.

Again......sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If it helps any, I'll go ahead and pay shipping costs to help take away a little sting from this.

5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Sorry 'Breaker it is already on the way to me for "Orderly Disposal" ... ;) ;) :D

6. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Awesome hog-treachery!

7. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    ......dunno what you are talk'n about ;)

8. Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Iron City.......steer clear from Andy. He does this all the time......he wants to resell it as genuine, knowing its a fake.

I want the best for everyone here and I have the proper connections to have the criminals who made this tracked down. All I need is the knife to hand it over to the proper officials.

Thanks for the understanding, and again I'm sorry for your loss.

Again......because I'm a stand up guy, I'm still willing to pay shipping for you brother.

9. Iron City

Jan 15, 2005
    Oh no SB wish I knew sooner. I sent it off today to Andy. He offered a few skunked beers and I figured I would cut my losses.

Those Aussie are ruthless. Guess all those venemous snakes and Great Whites down under toughen one up.

Ah well, live and learn. Cheers mate!

10. Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Looks like you got bit twice Iron. That's a tough one. Next time, do yourself a favor and give me a heads up before you post. I've got your back brother.

11. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Hell I even threw a Taipan in the box with the beers I sent you over...and a couple of real rats to sustain it till you open the box....just remember to duck as you rip it open..... ;)

12. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    LO-f'in'L!!!

13. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yep. Those were a big deal indeed. IIRC, there were a handful each of OD green, plain tan, urban camo, desert camo....that may have been it. I tried hard to get a proxy for the plain tan, but I had to settle for a desert camo (long since gone).

Great score! :thumbup:

14. Accelerator

Accelerator Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2010
    How about an Urban Camo? This thread needs more pictures!

[​IMG]

15. Iron City

Jan 15, 2005

Ah 360, I remember you from back in the day, been awhile since I stopped by this wall of cheese.

The one I had that got away was the Howling Fat and an original Camp Tramp. I have a Howling Rat, and have this Ratweiler... but like both of those better. Would trade those two for the HF and CT, but ahhh well.

16. banana-clip

banana-clip

Jun 7, 2007
    Nice looking old school rat.

Was that the factory sheath?

17. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    No school like old school...

[​IMG]

18. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member