Old thread, new forum - A new place to post random ideas.

Yes John, Mack actually convinced me a while back to make that knife. And I'm sure glade I did, that knife gets more likes and comments than all the others I've made so far on my Face book page. I'm thinking about making more actual Scagel replicas in the future.
I'd love to see more replica work like that, absolute Grail knives. If ever you needed a buyer for one, I'm your guy.

Me too, that’s the name of the game I guess.lol

Last edited:
View attachment 1304742 I've been working on six blades in my shop so far, and I have got a new stamp or touch mark stamp that I made. I've been playing with it for a bit, but eventually I will probably resort to having one professionally made by a stamp maker Evers I think is one of them. I got another order for the first Randall made replica so I decided to make four drop points and another Scagel boat scraper knife. Anyhow what do you guys think of the Scagel kris tang stamp.

IMG_1606.jpgVersion 2.jpg

I really like that Scott, classic. Hanson still on the presentation side?

Buckeye engraving is one I've heard good things about, I think John Doyle uses one from them if I'm not mistaken.

I really like that Scott, classic. Hanson still on the presentation side?

Buckeye engraving is one I've heard good things about, I think John Doyle uses one from them if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks John, yes the same name stamp is still left side of the blade. I think I've heard of Buckeye engraving, I'll take a look at there site.

This is an old thread that has been around, in Redmeadow Knives & T.Knott Knives, since before photo bucket took a crap and deleted all the photos. So if you go through it and see stuff that doesn't look right, odds are because I went back in and tries to fix everything they screwed up. Anyhow it's now a place you can post any random thought, within reason, that you would like.

Back