Old Timer ID ?

Went to a gun show in Portland and picked up an Old Timer, the model that looks like a buck 110. Saw Cut Delrin scales witha brass inlay that says "Old Timer", brass lined lanyard hole. If you hold the knife with the edge up, on the left brass bolster is a serial number "3526". On the left side of the tang is says "Schrade+" below that "U.S.A. 6-OT". On the bottom half of the blade is etched (?) in large letters "OTC" then "Commemorative" and below that "1997". Knife does not look like it was every sharpened or used. Came in a Schrade leather Belt pouch with the man embossed on the top hammering at an anvil and "Schrade" below him, also the snap has Schrade on it twice, and it looks like the pouch was never carried either. Would appreciate any information on this model, and if anyone knows what the OTC Commemorative 1997 was for. Thanks. PS I gave $15 for it.

John; OTC Old Timer Classics. i believe the OTC designation was used at different times and for different patterns each time. someone here will be able to give you more specific info on your OTC series knife.
basically it's 6OT with different markings. 6OT, 7OT, LB7(Uncle Henry), all the same size and i think same clip blade, although older OTs(marked Schrade, not Schrade+) are non stainless 1095 steel. 6OT is the only one without a rear bolster. dynamite knife; v. solid, tough, holds an edge well. stands up to years of hard use better than Buck knives in my experience.
that's a good sheath too. lots of original Schrade sheaths do not have logos.
is $15 a good deal ? yep for the sheath ! for knife and sheath, you betchya, a lotta knife for little cash. roland

I was going thru my chest of drawers (full of knives) and ran across the OTC talked about above and wondered if anyone could give me a date of manufacture based on the serial number "3526". Thanks, John

The serial number 3526 indicates where the knife lay in that run of commemoratives, which, as you noticed from the etch, date to 1997. They were all made about the same time, say.... about 1997.

Back