Older Buck 301

Were there two different sizes of the older Buck 301 models?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry Dogs, May is a wild month for me, you got lost in shuffle....

Size is relative to what you consider different. The first three Schrade contract 301s are just a hair longer than the Camillus contract 301s.

Do you have a specific example of which you are asking the question. If so a photo would be good.

I think if we get the micrometers out we will see the current 301(s) being the smallest of the series. But it may take a fancy micrometer to tell the difference.

Thanks 300, trust me I completely understand, I think someone made the days shorter and didn't tell anyone.

I'm just going off of feel and memory, guess I need to dig out my other (older) 301 and compare. This one I have now just feels bigger, maybe even wider if that makes any sense, again I'm just going off memory, and at my age my
memory data base seems to be off a tad, it may be pulling up memories of the older cadet I have as well??? Who knows, best thing I can do I guess is dig out my other 301 and compare, if there is a difference I will try and get a pic
of it to post. It measures at the 3 3/4ish inch range which is right in line....has tang stamp of Buck/301/U.S.A. and no other date typical markings....only has one visible bolster pin as well.

Thanks again.

TwoDogs

Oops meant to say it has one handle rivet and visible bolster pins, it's a good solid knife, since the bolster pins are apparent and based on some great help from a friend, looks like she's Camillus made....and all the specs check out to be
a good old 301.

Thanks

Back