Ole Bookie needs some smoke & prayers.

More smoke & prayers sent your way for a complete recovery - I still want to hear some more of your mule stories...

Getting blasted with chemo. Wiped out. Said he'd check in after a couple 3 weeks. Should be any time now.
I'll send him an email too and see if he's coming around.

Got an email from Bookie this afternoon, he's completely sapped it sounds like, radiation just rips ya up but he's hoping to feel a bunch better in a week or two.
Hoping he gets over this rough stuff quickly and back on track.
I see he made a post over on the fathers knife thread so that's a fine sign.

O.K., fellers. Bad news fer you. I'm still alive (wife says that's debatable) and wish to say your kind words have helped. Turns out I'm a super-sensitive type when it comes to radiation and so have been quite miserable. Have not felt well for over a month now. Still have a few things to get fixed as a result of my many indiscretions during my multi-holiday trips to SE Asia long ago. This 24/7 illness is for the birds. Oh, well. Enough of this crying in my beer and time to get back to making Bawanna & Kamidog cringe. (Great fun, you know.) Bless you all!

Folks lets double down on smoke and prayers for Bookie. I sent him an email last evening and got a response this morning. He continues to struggle, meds are knocking him out and additional area's of concern keep cropping up. He doesn't get on the computer much but was overjoyed that he was finally friends with Yangdu on Facebook. Lifes simple pleasures I guess.
In his words Viet Nam is paying him back in spades. More accurately I'd say it was that nasty stuff he sprayed from his helicopter that he's paying for now.
He surely don't deserve it, one of the most talented fella's I've ever met.
Smoke up from Monroe.

Back