Olight OLantern modification

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Just got my Olight OLantern today, very nice, very bright ! as with a lot of lanterns you get the light back at you when you are holding it and walking around.

I took a plastic bottle, cut off a section near the top so it has a natural curve to it, then I taped on some metallic tape, like used on chimney pipes or duct work, it's bright and reflective and sticks very well. I put some of the tape on the plastic, cut it to fit up into the top housing of the lantern and now, as I walk around, I'll not get blinded by the light, but will have that bit reflected back out to provide more outward lighting. And if I ever do need to just hang it and light up an area, you can remove that bit of plastic and set it aside.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

with the light on low, you can see the rim of the light around the reflector piece I made

and a side shot of the lantern with the light on low, there are three settings with the max at 360 lumens which is really bright! There is also a 'mood' lamp you can put in that emulates a flickering flame, low warm light for those special nites ;) I didn't get a shot of that yet.

G2

Back