Olight S10R iii

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The kind folks from Olight sent this Olight S10R iii Baton along for me to do a review on and if anyone is interested on buying these, Olight has a promotional offer going on during Sept 24-28th with their lights at 20-35% discount.

follow this link to see my review of the Olight S1A, S1R and S2R

follow this link to see my review of the Olight X7 Marauder

follow this link to see my review of H1R Nova head lamp

The S10R has been revised, this boasts a 600 Lumen with a rechargeable battery and arrived with a nifty base that is triangular in shape and the light's end cap is pulled down via magnet inside the light to the base charger. There is an indicating led on the base, Red as you might imagine means it is charging the battery, and Green...you guessed it, means it has completed it's charge.

The base has a mini usb connector and comes with a short cable so you can connect to a usb to do the charging. I think this will be handy to have sitting at the desk and just put the light on there to charge it up, neat and tidy.

Total time on a charge they are giving a 15 day run time, that would be at the lowest setting called Moon and is helpful in totally blacked out areas, I'll sometimes use this mode to get from room to room at night just before bedtime, shutting off the living room lights and making my way down the hallway via this low light.
Along with the charging base and cable, they also provide the rechargeable RCR123A battery, and their soft lanyard which arrives with an easy threading pin attached to the small cord so you can get that into the small hole easily.

Now this light, compared to the other models I've recently tested, does not have the center bump in the lens, but has a flat lens so this seems to throw the beam further, they list a distance of 118 meters.

It is listed as water proof down to 2 meters, as it has the side switch

Rated outputs are as follows
600 lumens for about 1 1/2" then dropping to 300 lumens with an estimated duration of 60 minutes
120 lumens duration of 160 minutes
12 lumens duration of 33 hours
0.5 lumens or their Moon setting for a duration of 15 days

Quite a bit of range there in a very small package.

Same method of threading in the lanyard, handy small cotter pin that they provide helps to thread it in

S1A_threading by GaryWGraley, on Flickr
IMG_6453 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Charging station, please note that it also has a USB port so you can connect up something through the charging station, in this way you are not giving up a USB power port

IMG_6442 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

IMG_6440 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

IMG_6441 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

That magnetic base can come in handy, here it is held by the metal latch as it is being used to light up the power panel in our house.

IMG_6446 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

The light on the left is the S10R iii as you can see the other light the S2R, has a center bump built into it’s lens,
IMG_6445 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Last edited:
I've been waiting to get my first Olight this looks like a keeper right here. I just went to their site I'm waiting on the Black Friday sale thanks for the info sir.

Be seeing you, Arick

You're welcome and yes, they are very handy lights, what you might not be able to see is that the light is held in place on the door of that electric panel by the magnet to the locking clip of the door, which helped to have it pointed at the panel.

Also these lights are made so they can sit on their tail and act as a candle as well, with a switch on the end, they are not always so obliging to do that at all.

G2

Thanks for the review Gary. How do you find the tint? I've got the S10R II and an S30R. I like the tint on the S30R but find the S10R II's a bit too green.

Ok...now all I see are white spots lol ;)

I took several of the Olights into a dark room to see if I can tell any colouration, but all three look pretty white to my eyes, but right now...everything looks white hehe.

One thing I just found out is the ring around the lens glows once you use the light, kinda neat looking. also this one has a tighter spot than the others, I attribute that to the flat lens verse's the ones with the center bulb, which affirms my thought that it would throw the beam further.

SO...I guess I'm not your colour coordinator, if anything the one light S2R appeared slightly reddish but, could be my mind playing tricks too

Hope that doesn't confuse too much!
G2

You're welcome and yes, they are very handy lights, what you might not be able to see is that the light is held in place on the door of that electric panel by the magnet to the locking clip of the door, which helped to have it pointed at the panel.

Also these lights are made so they can sit on their tail and act as a candle as well, with a switch on the end, they are not always so obliging to do that at all.

G2
Got mine today it's fully charged and ready to go and the Black Friday sale really helped knock the price down to around $50 with a case and accessories. It's my new EDC light at only 2 ounces I'll never notice it's there till I need it and you were right about the magnetic base it's heavy duty and would be perfect for power outages or under my cars hood that doesn't have a light.

Be seeing you, Arick

Great guys, pretty handy light, glad you could take advantage of their holiday promotion.
G2

Ok...now all I see are white spots lol ;)

I took several of the Olights into a dark room to see if I can tell any colouration, but all three look pretty white to my eyes, but right now...everything looks white hehe.

One thing I just found out is the ring around the lens glows once you use the light, kinda neat looking. also this one has a tighter spot than the others, I attribute that to the flat lens verse's the ones with the center bulb, which affirms my thought that it would throw the beam further.

SO...I guess I'm not your colour coordinator, if anything the one light S2R appeared slightly reddish but, could be my mind playing tricks too

Hope that doesn't confuse too much!
G2

LOL I can relate about seeing spots. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back