Ols West style fighter

Did this for a fellow who will carry it on his gun rig while trail riding and some re-enactment meets. It's 1095, edge quenched, two temper cycles, satin finish and vinegar etched, The guard is brass, the handle is elk with cocabola and leather spacers, brass pin. Doesn't show, but top edge has vine file work. The blade is 6" and overall 11" with balance at first finger. Lots of fun to do!
Rick
100_2596.jpg

100_2594.jpg

Rick:

Its about time you started showing your work here. That is a good looking knife and sheath. Thanks for letting us see it and show us more.

Robert

Nice one brother Rick. I'll bet you did have fun making it. Good feeling when it all comes together. You going to come down off the mountain in March and show us how? Poppa Sandy would be proud of your sheath.
Carl Rex

Cool, I don't know which I like better, the knife or the sheath! Great package, and I love seeing stacked leather and antler

Thanks to everybody for the good words! Carl, I'm planning to drop over the west slope when ever y'all are going to set up. As to showing how to do anything, I'll stay tucked in a corner watching and learning!
Rick

Back