Once Again, Your Favorite Carry Handgun

JK Knives

It’s been awhile, so thought I would start another thread on this topic.
The one I carry the most is my S&W 638 .38 Special. Most of the time I carry it in a Sticky pocket holster, with two speed strips in my other pocket.
In heavy coat weather it’s usually my modified Glock 17C, in either a RGrizzle or Kramer belt holster.
I’m bringing this up again because I’m taking my CCL renewal class the end of March.

After 15 years of Kahr P9, I am on to SIG P365. Occasional heavy carry is Dan Wesson C-Bob 10mm.

Holster wise it’s always Milt Sparks VM-II on a Beltman belt.

Last edited:
Sadly, this is something I haven't gotten around to equipping myself with yet as I've struggled to find times on the weekend to take a class. It's high on my list with my weekends free again after nearly 3 years without them.

I tend to be a revolver guy so I'll likely end up with a j-frame, but the S&W M&P shield or ruger LCP has caught my interest as affordable but effective, from what I've read, options. I grew up more as a shotgun man but loved my S&W 625 classic .45 colt for hunting and what I have now for home defense. It's horrible for concealed carry because it's heavy but nice because if I run out of ammo it's a hell of a bludgeon. I got a henry rifle chambered in .45 colt as well for a bit of a cowboy pairing for deer hunting.

I'll be interested to see what you all carry since I'm sure I'll be getting something this year... finally. My dad and brothers have been beating me up for not getting something and being so non-commital about a CCW.

I can't remember my brother's primary carry but I know he has one of the bond arms models chambered in .45/.410. I think my grandma has a ruger LCP and my dad a glock fan, but I only know it's chambered in 9mm. He has too many guns to know them all and it's not something I got into heavily, and especially not the handgun side. I suspect I'll get educated following this thread.

I also gave up my Kahr for a P365 in the last year. I really like it with the twelve round mag. Nice that I can pocket carry with the 10 round mag, if I find the need.

Still rockin' the HK P2000 LEM most of the time. Occasionally my LCRx just to check the mail, and sometimes my Beretta Nano.

I have always liked the look of some Ruger revolvers. Like the Vaquero and Black Hawk and I know there is a .22 ( long or magnum? ) that looks fun for plinking. Anyone know what caliber the Vaquero and Black Hawk come in? I do not know a lot about guns, hey, I am a knife guy....but I can learn some new stuff. :p

Edit: did a little research, what are the differences in the Bearcat and Wrangler models?

Last edited:
I king of rotate between a few different handguns. These are the ones I carry the most: Taurus PT111 G2 9mm, S&W 642 in 38 Special, Beretta Tomcat 32 ACP and a S&W 351PD 22 Magnum. I used to carry my S&W Night Guard in 44 Special and someday I might get to carrying that one again.

The Bearcat and Wrangler are two completely different handguns. Their frames are designed different. The Bearcat uses a alloy steel frame and cylinder while the Wrangler uses an aluminum allot frame and cylinder. The Bearcat is a little smaller in size.

On occasion I carry my Kimber Classic .45. I’ve had it almost 22 years and have fired thousands of rounds through it, never a jam. I do use McCormick Power Mags in it. Probably my favorite gun, my wife bought it for me for our 11th anniversary.

I still carry my sig p220 st in a r grizzle warpig holster. Summer time I just wear jorts and a button up collared shirt. I'm classy like that

Sig Ultra Compact 45 in a holster I made for a cargo pocket.
f9uKwpy.png

I have always liked the look of some Ruger revolvers. Like the Vaquero and Black Hawk and I know there is a .22 ( long or magnum? ) that looks fun for plinking. Anyone know what caliber the Vaquero and Black Hawk come in? I do not know a lot about guns, hey, I am a knife guy....but I can learn some new stuff. :p

Ruger makes great stuff.
The Vaquero is essentially a Colt single action copy. You'd have to look at the caliber choices.. most likely 38/357, 44 special, and 45 long Colt at least..

The Black Hawk is an excellent single action firearm. It also comes in a wide variety of calibers. From .22 to .41 Mag, then the Super Blackhawk in 44 mag. I've had my .41 for almost 45 years now. Fantastic firearm.

Back