One I havn't seen before

That's a new one.
Is there an inlay on the back?
Is it a small or a large?
What's it's birthdate?
Mark at CRK will probably respond.

------------------
RICK - Left Handers Unite

The wood inlays have not really done much for me. The woods are awesome, but look out of place on the knife itself. Just my little ol' opinion.

But this!

I like this!!

Ray, how did you come across the picture? More info!!

------------------
Frank Norman
Frank's Knife Page
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile way - and barefoot.

I don't know to much about this knife except that it's a large and the inlay is mokume.I assume the PP=prototype or preproduction.I do know where it's for sale just haven't decided if I'm going to buy it or not.

Ray

Ray,

You've got mail........

------------------
GigOne
"Livin' Life - Full Throttle"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I've found out that this was produced a few years ago and there were only a few made.So I guess they decided not to produce them.
Anyway I grabbed it and it's my first Sebenza.WoooHooo

Ray

I'm with Smooth Bone on this, damascas inlay, wow, I like! The beauty, without the worry that it won't hold up because it's not part of the blade.

Do they have any more? Anyone else have one? Pictures?

DaveH

Ray,

This is your FIRST!? And it looks this good!!

Geez! You are one blessed man!

------------------
Frank Norman
Frank's Knife Page
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile way - and barefoot.

Ray:

Here is some additional information on your Large Sebenza.

The blade is ATS 34. This is one of the first Sebenzas made with the new design change back in 1996.

Thanks,
Mark

And here's a little more info courtesy of Anne Reeve in response to an email I sent.

Hello Ray

Yes, this is one of 5 or 6 knives that we made when we introduced the current profile of the Sebenza. Chris made only 1 or 2 with the Mokume inlay and it is an inlay concept that we have no plans to make again. The Sebenza profile, without that inlay , is readily available. You are welcome to visit our website at www.chrisreeve.com to see our full range.

Best wishes
Anne Reeve

Thank You Anne & Mark

Ray

I am absolutely green with envy.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

I just received the knife today and all I can say is WOW.
Now I understand.

And for those interested in a few more details.The CR logo is engraved on another piece of mokume inlayed into the handle.The mokume is mirror polished and the spacer is anodized purple.The pic doesn't do it justice.

Now all I have to do is get one I can bring myself to actually use.
I'm glad there isn't a Sebenza of the month club.
smile.gif

Ray

And a thank you to the folks at Nordic Knives where I found this baby.First rate service!

Man you are one lucky son of a gun. 1 or 2 in exsistence that kind of thing never happens to me. Congrats again WOW.

Back