One more Old Hickory mod (last 4 a while)

I had one more butchers knife left so of course i messed with it.
This one has Wenge scales ( a kind gift from another knife guy ) and bronze pins and lanyard hole. Made some Wenge beads for the lanyard but i need to dye cord to match first.

Hope it agrees,

Mik :)

737gBsk.jpg

bGWd8nV.jpg

b0OH3MS.jpg

aJY7d7H.jpg

8bEMn9U.jpg

2ik20hg.jpg

Having looked at a few of your Old Hickory mods, you have inspired me to take a look around the house for some knives to mod. Great work, thanks for sharing!

Man, once again you have created a mother beautiful working knife. I believe that if Ontario would produce knives exactly like what you are coming up with and with a nice sheath they would sell like hotcakes. I think the handle looks very comfortable to draw and use and I KNOW how sharp that steel can be honed. I use Old Hickory knives in my kitchen every day and I always reach for one of them instead all the other knives in the block. They are just so easy to get scary sharp in 2 minutes. I keep an old one on my work bench in the shop too.

Thats very kind of you to say so. Thank you :thumbsup:

I have to admit. I said this would be the last for a while, but i like doing them so much i am going to buy a few more. I will get a few of the smaller ones with the same blade pattern as well so i can make matching pairs. . . one large one small, and put a pair in a double sheath.

Seems like it could be fun to do :)

please do! I always like seeing mod jobs, especially when the person doing it knows what he's doing

I like that a lot.

Been meaning to try this out myself. Even have a slow wather bath wheel that is great for profiling a hardened blade.

@scarysamcary Thank you Sir :)
@co556guy Go for it, its a fun and cheap little project :thumbsup: just fyi though. The pin hole nearest the front will be hardened so is a little awkward to enlargen. I use a rotary burr. The rest is easy to drill out :)

Just ordered one to play around with. who knows, maybe I will be posting old hickory mods on here soon? lol
I have an old skinner I may mod too!

I modified this Old Hickory slicer into an all purpose field knife, and really like the result. Feels good in hand, size is very useful for me. I replaced the handle scales and added copper pins. The edge grind near the belly and tip needs thinning. just about finished with sheath.

5jYc2kE.jpg

sdDbwdL.jpg

F6xEE4h.jpg

YmiYY0a.jpg

zHPnzK1.jpg

Last edited:
Back