One of a couple questions

1) I love serations!!!
2) Can sebbies be made into fully Serrated knives?
3) How aggressive are the Serrations? (are they similar to Spyderco serrations? or a little finer?)
4) Could someone please post a couple of closeup of serration on a Sebbie so I can get a better idea of how they look?
thanks.
Ed

I'm sure if you contacted the fine folks at CRK they would be able to tell you if you can order one fully serrated, I don't see why they wouldn't.

I'm not a big fan of serrations but I think a large Standard Sebenza, fully serrated with some sort of zig zag custom graphic to coordinate with the serrations would look mighty nice :D

I have heard that the serrations on CR knives are not as agressive as Spyderco's but I've never owned one either...

I think the serrations they put on a Sebenza are the same they apply to the Project One Piece Knives. Adding serrations requires a specificly made grinding wheel so the width of the serrated section might be set by that.

I was quite surprised to hear a while ago that CRK even offered to add serrations to thier knives. However as much as I prefer a plain edge or fully serrated blade over most 50/50 styles; for some users a 50/50 design is useful, my MOD CQD DD for example.

I would be very interested to see a fully serrated Sebi, even though I would not myself want one.

It is a great shame companies don't offer a 80/20 option with 80%plain 20% serrated so you have a very useful size of plain edge and some serrations for rope use.

The most the blade can be serrated on a large Sebenza is about 1.5". They can only do serrations on the straight section of the blade. The fixture they use won't work on the curved part.

The serrations are rather subtle and very efficient. The way they are ground makes them easy to sharpen with conventional sharpening tools and they won't snag when they start to lose their edge the way some, like the ones from Spyderco, Benchmade and others will.

CRK charges $21.00 to add serrations to a Sebenza,(large or small). customers' knives can be retrofitted for the same cost plus shipping.

I have a couple in stock but, since I'm not with Photopoint anymore, I haven't figured out how to post a picture here.

Back