Ontario fakes

`br4dz-

Gold Member
I was somewhat appalled when I was browsing eBay this morning. As soon as I went to eBay's home page, the very first featured collection was a bunch of obviously fake Ontario Rat 1's. Looks fairly convincing at first glance, until you realize that it has G10 handles, and is less than half the price of an authentic Rat 1. Also, the blade says Taiwan, but the seller (whom is Chinese) has it listed as made in China. Yet the title reads Ontario Rat 1. I'm sure plenty of people know about this, but I'm so disgusted at the sheer amount of fakes coming out of China, not just Ontario.

I'm so disgusted at the sheer amount of fakes coming out of China, not just Ontario.
Yeah, as I've heard, the Communist government of China has no laws protecting intellectual property rights, meaning it endorses ripping off anyone and everyone by making fake products. I guess that's inherent in communism, no property rights. Anyway, this is why it's important not to buy anything coming out of red China. Every dollar going into their economy only encourages making more fakes.

Dont understand why anyone would clone a $24 knife and even worse buy a clone of a taiwan made $24 knife. I dont agree with cloning any knife but i can kind of understand why someone would clone a Chris Reeve Sebenza, for instance, and why there woukd be a market for such a clone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Don't forget about the bogus 499 USAF Pilot Survival. I've seen it several places online (not just Amazon). I've never personally handled one but, one of the easiest ways to tell the fake is the price imo, usually, I've noticed it selling for around half the price (or less) of the genuine article.

the rat fakes are really bad knives too.

its sad that ebay doesnt care about counterfeits. lots of people get ripped off daily on counterfeits on ebay. at least on aliexpress you know they are fakes.

Ontario makes a solid knife for a fair price. It is also very easy to find and buy genuine OKC products. I can't wait for a Rat II in D2. The current Rat II is a terrific buy but the D2 at a similar price will be even better. February 15th is approaching. :)

Ontario makes a solid knife for a fair price. It is also very easy to find and buy genuine OKC products. I can't wait for a Rat II in D2. The current Rat II is a terrific buy but the D2 at a similar price will be even better. February 15th is approaching. :)

What'll happen February 15?

Back